For all the FEMALE iPhone accessory addicts out there...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dauerhippo, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

There is a new iPhone accessories reviewer on YouTube. Her YouTube name is Jprincesa85, but she calls herself "AppleGurl" She does reviews "from a girl's perspective"

Just in case you haven't come across her. She's really good and I wanted to make y'all aware of her.

2. DigMe macrumors 6502

3. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

and guys who like watching attractive young women talking about iPhone stuff.

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

where are the attractive ones? jk

5. reliantj macrumors 6502

what does it matter whether it's male or female.
    as long as the quality is there.
    sheesh.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

agreed, I'm also not sure if this is the right forum for this. I will say the street goes both ways, if one were to say "For all the MALE iPhone..." they would be labeled as sexist.

7. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

That is SUCH BS. This isn't about Blue vs Pink colored cases. Men and Women can have different needs, when it comes to iPhone accessories because they tend to wear different types of clothing. Sure there is overlap - the same case may appeal to both genders, but generally speaking, in many contexts, men and women OFTEN have different needs.

I was just calling female readers attention to the fact that there is now a reviewer who gears her reviews towards the unique needs of women, when it comes to iPhone accessories. Just because someone points out that there is a difference between men and women in a particular regard, does not make that person sexist. I don't think you should be throwing that label around so casually.

And, AFAIK, this is an iPhone ACCESSORIES forum, so how is this not "the right forum for this?"

P.S. If I came across a "beard-trimming attachment" (there are weirder things in the worl) for the iPhone, and labeled the thread "for male iPhone owners" I don't think that would be sexist.

8. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

My grandmother's very proud of her iPhone and her beard, thank you very much.

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

wth?

applegurl doesn't use Female oriented products...
    seriously wtf.

she doesn't even have a girly colored case or
    accessory.

even tysiphonehelp on youtube strapped a pink
    silicon case and that's a dude.
    sean has the cherry rebel and i think carlos does
    too.

i don't think applegurl is even in to that kinda
    pretty in pink lipstick **it. she's plays rockband
    and guitar hero like a cool chick does, not some
    blubbery barbie wannabe.

do you? probly not. where's the common ground?
    she's girl?

10. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

I just read your post, twice, and honestly, I have no clue what your point is.

11. kicko macrumors 65816

Same here.. i said what the what after i read it too.

I think what they tried to say is that she does not seem to be reviewing "girly" iphone stuff. What they dont understand is that it's not necessarily "girly" products but rather products from a girl's perspective.

I think applegurl does a fine job at making her point. Reppin beantown!!

12. reliantj macrumors 6502

that just proves that you don't know anything about the YouTube character you posted about. Also proves this thread is a failed joke cause there's no point to it that even makes sense.

13. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa

Whats up guys hahaha. This is gurl from youtube. I love macrumors :)
    But reliantj just to touch up on what you said, your right im not a "blueberry barbie" haha good one. And the point of my vids is jus to show you guys a girls perspective on apple stuff. It's not to show just girly accessories. All the vids out there about iphone acc. and such are done by mostly guys, so i figured i would just throw out a girls opinion. I dont think dauerhippo meant it as me only doing girly acc. But anywyz jus wanted to put my 2 cents in . :eek:

14. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

Did you read the first two sentences of my last post? I'll quote it here for you:

"That is SUCH BS. This isn't about Blue vs Pink colored cases."

I think your post just proves that you aren't that bright.