Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007

This video should be referred for everyone asking if they should run a naked iPhone.

Ha, brilliant.

I always go caseless.

Just today I winced when I saw a woman at the supermarket, in the queue in front of me, drop her (seemingly new) white X or XS phone. Landed face down, all cracked up on back and her face was like that Edvard Munch painting lol.

UnifiedMelody

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
if i go to clubs then i toss a case [usually heavy duty] cos you never know what drunken idiot will accidentally knock you sideways while you're using your phone.

given the iPhone XS max has the sticky and reassuring stainless steel edges i can see some going caseless [plus applecare] but i dont so i need some protection at least.

even my previous iPhone 7 Plus was in pristine condition after 2 years, thanks to a case :D

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
the Alpha Quadrant
Wife and I came to the conclusion that this works much better without the + and MAX phones. We both tried flipping our MAX phones and ... both did what Joe did initially - THUD - right on the desk. lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.