for all those who ordered wrapsol ultra...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ihonda, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

i just got off the phone literally just got off the phone with them, all the ultras up until today were cut previous to them having an actual unit and die to work from, they are recutting and repacking the way its shipped. she assured me that the problems posted here will not continue on the new batch, i sent the office manager i spoke with on the phone a link to the various posts here and she said that all anyone has to do is call in with their order number and explain the issues and they will promptly send out the brand new revision.

she did recommend the original over the ultra just because its a different material and easier to install.

i was able to get the original for only $5 because she let me swap from a 3gs to iphone 4 under the warranty.. ymmv on that, best of luck

2. agoat macrumors regular

I had a replacement overnight yesterday, haven't receive yet. Hopefully it the new batch like you said. Does overnight mean it deliver the next day? My fedex usually arrive by 10am so far nothing.

3. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

the new batch just went into production today.. call them up and asking for a tracking number and if its from the new batch

4. agoat macrumors regular

Awwwgg they shipped my replacement yesterday :mad:

5. samven582 macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to get a replacement even after applying it?

6. agoat macrumors regular

Yes, you can keep the old one too. They will overnight you a replacement free.

7. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

Seriously? :confused:

8. stellablue96 macrumors member

hummm...I got mine today. It is in completely different packaging then the ones posted here over the past week. Hope its a "good" one.

9. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

From what I saw, mine was in the packaging that was used for the 3GS. It had a little compartment for the mister, but had a sticker above saying that it was a dry application and the mister was not in the package.

My package looked nothing like the one that was crushed by fedex.

10. herdinoh macrumors regular

I emailed them to get refund but havent heard anything until now. Not sure how long takes them to response.

11. stellablue96 macrumors member

yup. thats now mine looked. no crushed fedex package.

12. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

pictures please, of box and product

13. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

Mine was completely botched, best of luck to you.

14. ooo macrumors 6502

I wish they just used a brown cardboard box instead of having their logo plastered all over it and the back stating IPHONE 4 CASE in huge bold black letters. I don't think anyone could miss that. Free advertising for them I guess.

15. stellablue96 macrumors member

ugh. great. I have not tried to install it yet...stayed tuned I guess. Here are some pics of the box and uninstalled product

box:

[​IMG]

side pieces: (you can't really tell from the picture but the film is VERY scratched up and pieces are coming off from where they were cut).

[​IMG]

16. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

EXACTLY what my product looked like to a T. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=955761&page=2

Check out post 35, this is what it looks like once you put it on.

17. alatar519 macrumors member

Do you have to provide credit card information when you are applying for replacement ?

I dont feel safe anymore to give my credit card info.

please, help me

18. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

My Ultra should be arriving Friday. Based on their website, I think a lot of us (me at least) purchased the Ultra because it's supposed to be a lot easier to install. I hope mine comes in good condition but if not, I wonder if we can ask for a original replacement instead of the ultra..

19. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I think that we should be able to do so. They offer a satisfaction guarantee, so I would assume that if we are not satisfied with the Ultra, we will be able to request a refund or probably a different film like the Original one.

20. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I hope this is an option. If my film is messed up, I'd rather just get the original (or get a refund), but I'm not sure if they'll offer this.

21. samven582 macrumors 6502a

does anybody know how long thier RMA process takes?

22. absolut` macrumors member

*****update*****

Just spoke to a Wrapsol rep who knew what he was talking about. He said there is a HUGE fresh batch shipping out tomorrow with re-cut films, so for those of you who requested a replacement, it should be processed very soon.

I myself received a Wrapsol Ultra that came without the side films. He told me to go on the website and do support -> warranty. It does require you to take a picture, but he said just upload a picture of the box and stuff you received. Gonna do this when I get home from work later today.

They are doing all they can to satisfy their customers, and I am impressed with the effort they are putting forth. The rep even told me to go ahead and put on the films for some temporary protection, which means we are allowed to keep our original shipment. Don't need to return for replacement.

Hope this clears up some confusion.

23. lkeslinger macrumors member

Wow, that's just my luck. They shipped mine out yesterday.

24. absolut` macrumors member

Well don't fret. Yours may be a good one. If not, there shouldn't be a problem for you to get a replacement :).

25. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Wrapsol failed hard on this. How can they sell something they don't even have measured properly. Pathetic. I was a HUGE supporter of the 3GS version (search this forum)

Never again will I buy from them.