For anyone apprehensive about hacking your favorite iPod...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sk8mash, Dec 26, 2007.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I know there are a lot of threads about jail breaking, and loads of people asking questions about how too jail brake...(google is your friend) but I was just wondering if any problems come out of hacking it. There are a few people on here who post there problems of the touches not synching, charging, wanting to register ever time they plug it in, and in most of those cases there ipod touch has been jail broken. Does no one else think that this could be something to do with jail breaking the touch? I got my brand new touch for christmas, and yeah i want to hack it, but at the moment i have no problems whatsoever, but i don't want to get any problems in the future. What do you guys think?

:apple:

2. dagored macrumors 65816

This is a personal choice. If you are happy, that is fine. I, however, use the ToDo list app, Notes, weather, and maps everyday. Very useful for me.

Why didn't I get an iPhone? Simple. AT&T is real bad in my area. If it had been otherwise, I would have probably bought one.

Oh yeah. I have not had one bit of trouble with the Touch since I jailbroke, nor my wife's.

I think most of the problems are with systems, USB connections, and failure to read the small print.

3. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Ah right, so its unlikely that my touch would develop and problems after jail breaking? Obviously faults wont occur for evryone, but with so many people have hacked touches its just hard to tell if the problems are with the PC of the jailbreak.

I would also have got an iPhone if o2 had any good signal in my area...

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I just have one JB'd Touch and a Mac (rather than a PC) but I haven't had any problems whatsoever. Even managed to upgrade to 1.1.2 and JB again without losing any of my music/videos/photos. Rock solid stable, going on three-four weeks now. I'd HIGHLY recommend hacking it, it is SO MUCH MORE useful now with Mail, Notes, and of course games.

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Hack it. Stop being a wimp.

My favourite iPod is my third generation one anyway!

6. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

7. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

ah, pretty sure he was joking.

just do it.

you will not be sorry and even if you are you can restore it.

8. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I just got the 16gb and I want to jailbreak it. The only thing I'm worried about is the warranty. Is it void after I do this? I didnt buy it at an apple store. Thanks

9. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Haha yeah probably! Oh well...I did try earlier, but got hooked on downgrading the firmware, i downloaded the firm ware folder, but couldn't find the particular file i needed to downgrade :(