For anyone ATT complex upgrade 3gs --> 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Todthebod, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Todthebod macrumors member

You have to either go to the store for the sim card switch or cut your 3gs sim card down. The customer service guy was super cool. He tried for about 10 minutes but said I'd have to go to the store and they'd give me a new sim card for free and swap everything over.

2. meder87 macrumors regular

I don't think you need to use your old SIM card in the 4S. You just plug in your phone and activate it through iTunes.

3. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

I used my wife's upgrade (complex upgrade ATT calls it) so if I activate the 4s as it sits, it will use her number and turn off her phone.

4. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

You should have stated that in your OP then. You make it sound like anyone going from a 3GS to a 4S need to do one of those 2 things which is obviously not the case.

5. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

That's why I stated 'complex upgrade'. It's my fault you don't know the correct terminology?

6. mikepro macrumors 6502

Yes, because a few more lines of text would have easily cleared it up, and most people don't know the terminology. I'm sure you didn't either, until the ATT guy called it that.

Just be helpful, not crabby. And enjoy your new phone!

7. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

Not trying to get too douchey here, but I'm thinking if I know what 'upgrade' means, and I see 'complex' in front of it, then logic tells me that this has a different definition than the word upgrade by itself. If I didn't know it, then a quick right click of the mouse tells you in 1 second BUT I do see your point. I'm still thinking in 1s and 0s. My brain has trouble finding that there's an in between in the real world.

I think I've been working too much. LOL

Anyway just waiting for my phone to get activated now. The store was too busy so I talked to a different woman at ATT and she thinks she can do it so we'll see. I guess that makes all the above useless which it probably was anyway.

8. mikepro macrumors 6502

LOL, yeah, I think we are all a little punchy today. I keep hitting the refresh button the UPS tracking page, (even though I signed up for email and text alerts), and am pretty unproductive at work.

Hope you get yours setup soon! Hope mine comes soon, too!