For Apple Online Store, must shipping address match billing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wlow3, Sep 19, 2013.

1. wlow3 macrumors regular

When you purchase through the Apple Online Store (particularly for the 5s soon), does the shipping address have to match the billing addres? Is one given the opportunity to specify a different shipping address at some point during the process? Do I have to add this second address to my Apple ID account first?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

If you are doing an AT&T upgrade, yes.

3. CVC macrumors member

I preordered an unlocked 5c using the store app and was able to have it shipped to my work address. I don't know about a contract phone.

4. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

the shipping address must match the billing address on your carrier. I have att, so the shipping address must match the address on my att bill. It does not have to match the billing address.

i have a friend and his brother who do not have credit cards. as a favor i pay for their phones with my credit card and the phones are shipped to their home. shipping address must match the billing address for your respective cell phone carrier, meaning att, verizon, sprint etc

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Ugh, seriously?! Thanks for the heads up, guys... This sucks though. Like many of us, I WORK and so planned on sending the phone to my work since it will require a signature. I guess I should change my shipping address to match to my home address then (since AT&T has that), and just ask for the day off when the phone is due to arrive? :D

6. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

Wait... So i have to ship it to where my billing address is? you can't change it??? WHATTTTT

7. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

Yep, for security reasons you cannot change the address. Wait for the UPS/FedEx doortag or use the Apple Presign form.

8. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Yep. This comes up every year. If you're buying a phone using an upgrade, it will ship to the billing address on the account. There is no ability to change it.

9. pdawg17 macrumors newbie

How about when buying the T-Mobile version from the Apple store? Shouldn't matter right?

10. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I was just thinking, is it too late to log into AT&T Wireless and CHANGE the billing address real fast? :p

11. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

We will only know when it becomes available. To the best of my knowledge, that model can be sent anywhere.

12. jtgamer macrumors member

My shipping address is the same as my AT&T billing, but the billing address on the Apple Store has a different name since the card I will be using is under a different name (same address). Anyone here think that it might cause a problem with getting the phone via the Apple Store site and app??

13. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

It's possible, but do note some changes take time to become effective.

14. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

that's so dumb! OMGGGGGG

15. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

If you purchase it from the Apple Online Store, you can specify a different shipping address. My sister does it all the time. Her Macbook Air was sent to my work, so I could sign for it.

16. isaaccubed macrumors newbie

I was told otherwise by an AT&T representative today - she said that unlike last year, you should be able to change the shipping address:

[​IMG]

17. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

For iPhone's, it's a different policy. In the past, the shipping address could not be changed on Apple's website for security reasons.

18. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

A MacBook Air isn't a phone that's sold with a subsidy being paid by a carrier. Anything Apple sells can be shipped anywhere, except under contract phones.

----------

I hope she's right, but something tells me she isn't.

19. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

If you have AT&T, the billing address on your account WILL be your shipping address. It cannot be changed during checkout, it is greyed out. I made sure of this several times with the 5C.

20. isaaccubed macrumors newbie

It wouldn't be the first time I've been told completely incorrect information by AT&T haha...fingers crossed!

21. isaaccubed macrumors newbie

Temporarily changed my billing address to the address I wanted the iPhone to ship to. Looks like it worked! I'll wait to receive the purchase confirmation before changing it back through AT&T.

Now we'll see where the phone actually gets shipped to...

22. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

Well, for some reason Tmobile is letting me ship the 5S to my office, instead of my billing address.