? for Apple Store Insider about Back2School

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seventy9ers, Apr 15, 2010.

1. seventy9ers macrumors newbie

I really want to buy a MBP so baaad, but I think it will be an even better purchase with the free iPod Touch...

I know the trends for the past 4 years had been earlier and earlier in the year. Please spill the bean if you know the plan for this year... I am hoping for end of May before I go nuts... My local store still doesn't have the i7 with Hi Def for now anyways...

2. breathesrain macrumors regular

Last week or so of May or first week of June, according to the last four years. Search for the thread; I know the approx. date because I read it on macrumors somewhere.

3. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

I could have waited, but I wanted it now. I figured I already saved over $200 with my student discount.

Plus I have an iPhone, so no need for an iPod Touch. However, I guess an extra $100 or so to sell it would have been nice.

Oh well, when paying $2200 after taxes, $100 doesn't seem like much. :)

4. JustMack macrumors member

5. silexh macrumors member

silexh

Dates vary a tiny bit on the northern hemisphere (because of time zones) but never more than one day.
    Check my sig for the past dates, my guess for this year is May 27.

6. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

In the UK - its end of August/September time... as this is when schools/colleges/universities start back.

'Back to school'....

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

8. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

Nah, it's earlier than that, isn't it? I remember last year it started before my finals were finished; was very depressing to see "back to school" promotions when "school" hadn't even finished.

I'm waiting for the promotion to start; I'm not the sort who can afford to turn down a free iPod.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Maybe it's not much, but it's still $100 -- enough to buy an ext. 500GB HD, a good dinner w/ the GF, including wine ;), a couple of fill-ups for the car, a nice case for your new toy, etc, etc.

10. Chromide macrumors newbie

I was planning on buying the low end 15in as soon as I got the cash....but now that I know the back to school starts end of may - early june(based on the past) I think I will hold out a few more weeks.

11. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

ya they usually start with the back to school discount early June.

12. jjn1766 macrumors newbie

The current printer rebate offer is running until 26th May, so I would suspect the iPod Touch rebate would be offered any time after 27th May.

13. NoShoreGuy macrumors regular

is this offer just for students, or anyone who buys a new MBP in that timeframe???

14. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Just for students and educators.

15. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

College students, staff/faculty of higher education institutions, and K-12 faculty.

...essentially anyone who is eligible for the normal education discount.

16. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

What kind of ID does Faculty of a University require at the store? I am a lecturer at the U of T, but they don't give you a faculty card of anything like that.

17. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do they pay you? Bring in a pay slip. Sometimes you can even get away with just giving them your @xxxxx.edu e-mail address. It's not very stringent.

18. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

LOL pay, good one. No the work I do is for free. We don't get any type of salary or per diem for teaching medical students. I'll have to coerce a student to go shopping with me.:rolleyes:

19. seventy9ers thread starter macrumors newbie

Me too

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although, I am really itching right now, but I know I will kick myself in the head when I see the promo in 2 months...