For every1 whos summerboard has screwed u up:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamman41, Oct 13, 2007.

1. adamman41 macrumors regular

are you sure you followed every instruction correctly, im about to go ahead and try to but iwanna make sure that if i follow the insructions correctlymy ipod will be fine

2. fdmendez macrumors member

don't install summerboard via Installer.app. It's not the right version. Use the updated alpha version at the summerboard website

http://www.apptapp.com/summberboard

I think that's the right site. Anyway, the latest alpha version has been updated to work with the 1.1.1 iPhone and iTouch firmwares

3. fdmendez macrumors member

OK, I just tried that link. Didn't work... but Google is your friend!

4. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

on a youtube tutorial u install it from the installer and then do some replacing with the one via online

5. EnTg888 macrumors member

6. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

i just posted a youtube video that works!, try it for yourself and post if it worked under my thread, it works flawlessly

7. fdmendez macrumors member

Essentially, all summerboard lets you do is install Themes for the SpringBoard. Personally, I'm using the "Unlocked" theme which is this blue sort theme but replaces a lot of the icons with cooler icons. I like it.

Basically, it allows you to enable the wallpaper on the "SpringBoard" and allows you to install themes which installs wallpapers on the springboard and changes the icons according to their respective theme.

8. phoenix.stu macrumors member

Hello,

Here is my problem.

I used the instructions from post #4 from here

It corrected my issue with the dock being at the top of the screen however, now when I click on the SMB preferences icon and I configure the settings. Nothing changes on the main screen. I have tried to change it to many different variations in settings and restarted the ipod and I just cant figure out what is wrong or how to make the changes take effect.

Can someone please advise on what to do?

If it helps with the answer. I am using CyberDuck and Intel mac

Thank you

9. itazark2 macrumors member

You're probably not following all the instructions to a T, cos that was the exact instructions I used too and mine worked perfectly fine. I just did it last night. You should try to re-do it again, this time follow the instructions very carefully. You could probably be plonking down the folders into the wrong places cos there are several locations also called Library etc.

10. uburoibob macrumors regular

Make sure you are putting each of the files in the RIGHT library. There are three libraries - One in MediaSYS, one at the var/root level, and one in ths System folder.

Summerboard 1.1.1 stuff goes into at least two different libraries.

OH YEAH. Don't forget to SSH in and enter the line of code to repair your permissions:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Here are all the instructions that came with the alpha:

MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Copy the files to your iPhone as follows:

SummerBoard.framework -> /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework
    SMBPrefs.app -> /Applications/SMBPrefs.app
    Themes -> /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    com.apple.SpringBoard.plist -> =/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Make sure that the plists permissions are as such:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Reboot iPhone, enjoy!

11. phoenix.stu macrumors member

I did all of the steps correctly. I just am not sure how to do the above quoted method.

I will go and try to figure it out with CyberDuck.??

12. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Should just have to enter it into the terminal (ctrl+t default on WinSCP).

13. phoenix.stu macrumors member

On the computer or the ipod? I entered it as said on the ipod and it gave an error

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I followed these simple instructions to the letter and I have a perfect Summerboard on my Touch without the Dock on the top! :D
    Love the themes...

(FYI...I had to delete the existing summerboard folder on my IPT before installing the new 1.1.1 Firmware version)...

15. itazark2 macrumors member

You don't have to do that step if you're using cyberduck. Permissions on Macs are Read/Write only. No numbers needed to be written in. I skipped that step mention above when I was installing Summerboard and it worked fine.

16. itazark2 macrumors member

Neither if you're using a Mac and Cyberduck. No need to change permissions, no need to enter anything into Terminal.

Just make sure all the folders for Summerboard goes into the right library (as mentioned, there are 3 separate libraries, so be careful), and you're all set.

17. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

My problem is I navigate to those addresses once im logged into cyberduck with miy touch but I don't seem to have those folders (the ones im meant to replace) so I must be doing something wrong

18. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Try using the dropdown menu in CyberDuck once you are in the IPT...you can select the main HD folder icon and you will see ALL of the possible folders...

19. jcs1088 macrumors regular

this is what you do. you download summerboard on installer app but don't reboot your ipod. then you download the alpha from the website and sftp your ipod and just drag and drop the updated files into correct spots in your ipod. that should work. heres a video that explains it better.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ulviwkWj558

20. itazark2 macrumors member

Did you first install Summerboard from Installer.app on your iPT? You have to do that first, then reboot. Your dock shld be now positioned on the top of your screen. Never mind, leave it there.

Then when you SSH from cyberduck, you go ahead and replace the folders accordingly.

Reboot your iPT and you're done.

21. phoenix.stu macrumors member

Here is a step by step tutorial on these videos. Watch all 6 of his videos. This guy did a great job explaining.

I was able to fix my problem and now all is good on mine.

Hope this helps.