For everybody who jumped on the "post-PC" term ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Michael CM1, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

... you need to buy an iPad and realize that Apple isn't planning on not making computers anytime soon.

I bought my iPad at Target and took it back to work. When you turn it on, the first thing you have to do is PLUG THE THING INTO A COMPUTER. I found this curious. I got why I had to with my iPhone since I had a cell phone account that might need some messing with, but I didn't expect it on an iPad. I figured iOS would just ask me to name the iPad and I could instantly start doing stuff. I figured I could log in to the iTunes Store with my account info and just get going. But nope.

This is one of those "you guys should fix that" things for Apple in the future. I shouldn't need to plug in my iPad before using it, and I shouldn't need to plug it in to sync data. I know it needs to be charged somehow, but I would rather have just one reason to plug it up instead of three. Plus if I had some neat docking device that allowed it to be like a photo frame in another room, why would I need to plug it up for a sync with my iMac from time to time?

All of this is minor, but it's something that should be at the top of Apple's to-do list. The really major fallbacks of iOS have been addressed. This seems like the "worst" of what's left to me.

2. Eclipse278 macrumors regular