Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byulasfjazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Yesterday was quite possibly the worst morning ever for me.. I was up at 2 and trying to order for 8 hours! ANyways long story short..

I realized I had an I phone in my cart around 8 AM, and went to place the order and uh oh... ATT HAD MY OLD SHIPPING ADDRESS... there was no way around it.... so I told myself just order it. (took me forever to get it, I wasnt going back) so the rest of the day I spent trying to pre order another on the apple website. (I called ATT and had my address corrected)

I figured I could Always cancel the one I had ordered and If i get lucky and pre order another one sweet.... And last night I got through for PRE ORDER but the ship date was JULY 2nd.. so I said screw it.. I will stick wth my first order.

Even If I have to stand outside my old address and wait lol

BUT GOOD NEWS!! I got my order confirmation email this morning... And apple gives you a link (the order number)that lets you change the shipping address to where ever you want!!! (and the date stays the same)

I just say this because yesterday on the forums I noticed a ton of people complaining about having it shipped to their ATT billing address..

SO JUST GO EDIT IT!!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Just to add to this as there was confusion on whether or not changing your shipping address would void/mess up the order.

I finally got through to apple on the phone.

I asked about changing address and the rep said it was required to ship to your billing address, but with supervisor approval they could change the address. After a short hold they came back and said they can update it and did. So now it's shipping to my job.

I got an email confirmation a couple minutes later that the address was updated. Online also reflects the new address.

Unless they noted in their system somewhere, from a customer view it looks like they just edited the order as I would've. In the event some issue does come up I like the fact that I now have records, and names of the employees that changed it rather then me just chancing it myself.

byulasfjazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Just to add to this as there was confusion on whether or not changing your shipping address would void/mess up the order.

I asked about changing address and the rep said it was required to ship to your billing address, but with supervisor approval they could change the address. After a short hold they came back and said they can update it and did. So now it's shipping to my job.

I got an email confirmation a couple minutes later that the address was updated. Online also reflects the new address.

Unless they noted in their system somewhere, from a customer view it looks like they just edited the order as I would've. In the event some issue does come up I like the fact that I now have records, and names of the employees that changed it rather then me just chancing it myself.

It works both ways...

shortly after I recieved an email notification that the address for my purchase had been Changed..

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

My address is the same as my wife's but her name was on the shipping address as she is the primary at&t account holder because of her FAN discount. I went to Apple's site and changed the name to mine in case I need to pick it up at the shipping office if I miss delivery (a possibility for me). Apple sent me an email stating that my order had successfully updated to reflect the new address shortly after.

No need to call Apple.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
My address is the same as my wife's but her name was on the shipping address as she is the primary at&t account holder because of her FAN discount. I went to Apple's site and changed the name to mine in case I need to pick it up at the shipping office if I miss delivery (a possibility for me). Apple sent me an email stating that my order had successfully updated to reflect the new address shortly after.

No need to call Apple.

^^^What he said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.