For everyone complaining about their new shiny iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cparkphoto, Jul 17, 2008.

1. cparkphoto macrumors member

Just took a gander down rumor memory lane and it reminded me of how bad things coulda been... I am very very happy with my phones.

Attached Files:

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i'm glad they stuck with the same look. those above are ugly

3. Surely Guest

Surely

For the record, the photos you posted are of mock-ups that fans created. They aren't official Apple prototypes or anything.

I do agree with the point you are making though: The iPhone design is truly amazing.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

There's a good reason every manufacturer is starting to shovel a bunch of touchscreen phones on the market. Problem is, none of them have the OS. What good is a bunch of shiny hardware if it runs -- eek -- Windows Mobile? The iPhone OS leaves a lot to be desired, but it's way more advanced than anything I ever had before (a few Motorola phones). One of the first things I thought when I got one was "THIS is what I was looking for in those old school PDAs I bought a decade ago." That and "die, graffiti, die!"

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The bottom left one is a shoddy Photoshop job done by someone with an iPod Mini apparently. Thank goodness Apple has more imagination than us amateur Photoshop users. :)

6. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The bottom right one could've been a good start, if they launched it around 2003-2005.

7. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Anyone still have the iPhone wireframe from the first ever MacHeist?

I thought that was a pretty sweet design really...

8. Archie- macrumors regular

Yep. Thank God the iPhone never lags, never spontaneously reboots, and 3rd party apps are vetted, so they NEVER cause trouble on the phone.

When using the iPhone, one can just FEEL how advanced it is. From being able to do simple things like downloading podcasts directly over 3G to being able to listen to iTunes music wirelessly via A2DP, no other phone has an OS that can support such great functionality.

I will be cutting and pasting this comment into a note and after it automatically syncs with my mac, saving it for posterity!

9. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Wow, these mock-ups are terrible. Ugly phones!!!!