For everyone trying to decide if you should buy now...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    BUY NOW!!!

I'm sorry, but there are far too many threads asking this same question. The waiting game is NOT fun. Take the plunge. What is holding you back? I don't forsee a 32gb iphone for SEVERAL more months, and even when that is released who cares? I can't fill up my 16gb, it's a freaking phone for crying out loud. These next few months you could be living in the pleasure that is 'iphone heaven' instead of waiting out on speculation which has ZERO merit or verification. The only 'proof' that a 32gb iphone is coming out is the iphone life cycle which has only been around for one year which isn't nearly enough time to develope a reliable prediction. You want my prediction? 3gb iphone next summer, and the next 'big' upgrade won't be till macworld 2010. There is no reason to live in torture waiting, just do it and stop being a baby!!!

/end rant/

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm confused. You make a thread telling people to complain about the iPhone to Apple because it lacks key features (to which I give the advice, "If you don't like it, don't buy it; Apple will respond to a lack of sales."), and then you make another thread telling people to go ahead and buy it. You mention "iPhone heaven" and "I can't even fill it up!"

This seems contradictory.

3. Robby9279 macrumors regular

+1 :p

4. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

haha, well you see my good sir, i do in fact love my iphone. It isn't perfect, but nothing ever could be. I do feel that we have a right to request features that the iphone doesn't have, especially when they are commonplace. and I hate the 'go buy a phone that has that feature' logic, because the iphone is CLEARLY superior in my mind and it makes up for what it lacks, but that's no reason to not WANT these things.

I made these threads to stifle two annoying/repetitive threads. The 'waah the iphone doesn't have this' thread, and the 'omg i don't have my own opinion so should i buy or do you have secret information that a new iphone is coming out tomorrow' thread.

Yes, i understand that it appears that i created one of those former threads, but i did not. instead of creating a forum to bitch about those features, i presented a method for everyone to approach apple with our thoughts and desires. lets face it, nothing is going to happen by asking for it in a MR thread, as much as i love this place...

but again, that being said, the iphone is the best on the market, and it's not changing anytime soon. so just buy it. if mine broke today, i would buy one tomorrow.

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Totally buy now d0ods, you can talk over GPS. ;)

6. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

delete, delete!!!! :rolleyes:

7. svndmvn Guest

And take 3GPRS pictures too

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I understand now. Ahh, clarification.

Yes, you should indeed buy the iPhone now if you are waiting. 32GB won't be that important.

Yes, you can be annoyed that the iPhone lacks basic features such as voice dialing. You should also know this going in and be able to express your concerns in a mature fashion instead of the rant threads that this thread and its companion are attempting to quiet.

I also endorse this thread's companion as the proper venue for venting thoughts over features you may wish that Apple add to the iPhone.

9. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Damn you MR regulars...first it's threads about "New iphone imminent next summer" then the threads "buy now, don't wait!"

Your driving me nutz!!!:confused::eek:

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, well, that's a given.

New iPods every September.
    New iPhone every July.
    Laptop updates once every six months, ±1 month.
    iMac updates once every six months, ±2 months.
    Mac Pro updates once every 518 days, no price drops in the interim.
    Mac Mini updates whenever Steve is asked about it on the way out of the Keynote hall.

To quote the last occurrence thereof, "What about the Mac Mini?" "It's being refreshed today."

That was August 2007.

Apple TV updates... Uh... Yeah...

Hopefully MacWorld. It's a consumer expo, after all.

11. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Haha, well i'm considering waiting but then you know what would be a bitch? When nothing new comes WWDC and then myself and others are stuck thinking "But wait MW 2010 is only 6 months away..."

What MADNESS!!!:D

12. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Buy now if you are waiting for 32 gb, Wait only to summer if there is a new iphone...

anyway i think the Op has homosexual tendencies.

13. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Amen!

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I thought you were going to say: ...please keep all your posts/questions contained within this thread. Because there are like 3 of these "should I buy now" posts floating around on the first page alone.

15. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

So true.

I had started the other thread in complete sarcasm because of the number of threads that we see every single day on his very subject. I could understand if we were within a couple of months from a major update, but that's at least 8 to 9 months out! And even then, there's not a need for 3 to 5 different threads every single day.