Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DelMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys. I just got my iP6+ case tonight that I had ordered pre-order morning. I immediately tried on a few different articles of clothing to see how the phone will fit. I'm 5'10 and size 31W, 30L (I'm not a big guy). I first tried on CK regular fit jeans. Only a small corner of the case peeked out. I then tried on CK slim fit pants. The entire case fit, nothing showing. You may be able to see the faint line on my left leg from where the case begins at the top. I also tried on a pair of suit pants and a pair of slacks, they were both fine as well. Lastly I tried on a pair of Adidas jogging pants, once again the whole case fit, with a couple inches to spare. I even sat with all of them and there was no discomfort. I only took two pictures because all the other pants are dark colored and you can't see the outline of the phone.

If the case fits inside of CK jeans and pants which are a more on the slender side, then I think most gentlemen will be fine with the iP6+ while wearing Levi's, Dockers, Diesel, suit pants, slacks, etc.

I wouldn't let the "will it fit in my pockets" conundrum dissuade you from buying this beauty of a phone because I believe it will fit most styles of pants except for skin tight pants. HOWEVER, one handed use IS a major issue. You WILL NEED to use two hands A LOT more. There's no way around it unless you're tall and have big hands (I'm thinking basketball player height, I'm not even joking). If that's not an issue for you, then by all means get yourself that iP6+. But if not being able to use a phone with one hand is a deal breaker for you than I 100% recommend you get the iP6.

I'm getting my iP6+ on Friday and I'm in it for the long haul. It'll definitely take getting used to, something that iP6 owners won't have to deal with at all. I'd say I use my iP5 one handed about 70% of the time. With the iP6+, I'm thinking it'll be opposite, like 30%.

In conclusion, I think the real issue with a phone this size isn't whether it fits in your pockets but whether you can get used to constantly using this device with two hands. Anyway, I hope I've provided even a little help to some of you guys on the fence. Wish I had more pictures to show but this is the best I could do on the fly. Great forum. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 177

PaythePiper

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2013
try sitting down and see how comfortable it is. standing up don't mean crap. i'm always throwing my phone in my pocket then jumping in the car. a 6+ would suck in MY real world usage. but it's a great phone!

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
I am less concerned with whether it fits than...

- Can you squat with it?
- How it feels sitting down?
- Running and exercising?

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Thank you for this. I've been waiting for reviews that actually have real world reports (like that disneyland one).

chrise2

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
I did the same thing with a peice of cardboard. It was fine in loose fitting work pants. Jeans it would go in standing ok. When I sat and stood back up in jeans, the cardboard had a crease. Probably not a good sign. I still ordered the 6 plus anyway. Sitting is for wimps.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I did the same thing with a peice of cardboard. It was fine in loose fitting work pants. Jeans it would go in standing ok. When I sat and stood back up in jeans, the cardboard had a crease. Probably not a good sign. I still ordered the 6 plus anyway. Sitting is for wimps.

Let's hope the iPhone isn't made of cardboard then....

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
try sitting down and see how comfortable it is. standing up don't mean crap. i'm always throwing my phone in my pocket then jumping in the car. a 6+ would suck in MY real world usage. but it's a great phone!

Read the OP's first paragraph again.

iAll

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
SE NH
I've been waiting for many years for apple to finally produce a phone that I can see without reading glasses; I'm getting the BIG one..

Besides, an extra bulge in my pants can't hurt right?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.