For God sake, get it right Apple! XP sound issues

Discussion in 'macOS' started by samrulestothema, Aug 26, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

Hello,

I have installed XP using bootcamp, and the sound is horrific. So bad that even turned right down I find it aggrivating.

This is the first time ive complained about my mac, but its quite warranted. People say its only sound, but then playing a game or listening to music, or watching a film becomes impossible. I dont just want to browse internet and type word documents.

So heres my issue:

The sound in XP is very loud, i have it on 1 bar of volume and that is still very loud, i have itunes turned down to about 1/8th of its sound and im getting a hell of a lot of hissing in the back ground. It only goes away if the sound is right up, which annoys everyone in the house, not to mention neighbourhood.

Does anyone have a fix? I cant find anything on the internet, people suggest things that help others, but not the majority.

PLEASE im begging for some help!

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It might help if you posted what kind of Mac you have etc..

3. kabunaru Guest

Are you using XP 64-bit version? I heard that it has less support than the 32-bit version.

4. samrulestothema thread starter macrumors regular

its 20" iMac, 2.4ghz model.
    Im not sure on the type of XP.i know its Xp Pro?

Really need this fixing soon!

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It's like that in Vista as well. Hopefully someone will have a hack for you but the best thing to do is go into Windows settings and lower the volume. You have to understand one thing, Apple supports the Mac OS X system. Being able to install Windows is a feature that a Mac can do but as long as they supply drivers to run the system that's about it, installing Windows is only for convenience, it's not to replace OS X.

6. samrulestothema thread starter macrumors regular

yeah yeah i know, but like releasing something without it being perfect isn't like apple? Same with their trouble with mobile me. Are they forgoing quality for for high levels of output? it could seem that way... thats more of a Microsoft thing to do.

I fixed the hissing, just by updating my Boot Camp to the latest. the sound is still very loud though. Who knows, maybe in the next update the sound might be toned down a bit?

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

double click on the volume icon in the task bar. A window should pop up with a bunch of sliders, slide them all towards the middle. See if that does anything.

And I agree, the drivers that Apple wrote for bootcamp are the worst windows drovers I've seen in years. I don't even think Apple should have released bootcamp if they're going to purposely cripple Windows like that.