For iPhone 3G EXCHANGES - What if I put my FAN# back on already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00tme, Jul 25, 2008.

1. w00tme macrumors member

Hey guys,

After buying my iPhone, I swapped it out twice and I finally got one that is acceptable. It still has 2 stuck pixels, but they are stuck white. I'll live with them for now until Apple steps up their build quality.

I was wondering, though, since I had to go through the activation process when swapping out phones, will my FAN# cause an error? I took it off before buying the phone and put it back on AFTER swapping them out twice. The thing is, I really don't want to have to take it off and put it back on due to me getting "hooked up." (I'm not the account holder, but an employee let me use my FAN# anyways.) :eek:

2. Clyde099 macrumors regular

I would also appreciate any input on the OP's question.

3. wolverinewizard macrumors newbie

When I swapped mine out, I already had the FAN account back on. From what I understand it depends if they just do a straight warranty refurb and give you a "refurb" unit, or if they do a return/rebuy. They did a return/rebuy for me, so I had to call up AT&T again and have them take off the FAN (again).

4. w00tme thread starter macrumors member

nooooooooooooooooo! :mad:

5. kimberlyd. macrumors newbie

This is correct. I had to exchange mine a few times...long story. Anyway, the first time they did a return/rebuy and I needed to get my FAN removed again. Second time they did an even exchange with no issue. Since the inventory is built up now in regards to exchange units, they will probally just do that.