For iPod Touch 3G owners (about battery life)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by solaris7, Sep 14, 2009.

1. solaris7 macrumors regular

I am on the fence about buying the new 3g ipod touch but the only thing holding me back is the battery life, how is the battery life on your touch? Is is bearable? How long can you browse on safari or play videos before the battery runs out?
    All input will be appreciated.

2. solaris7 thread starter macrumors regular

3. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I have noticed on mine that the battery life is about the same as the 2nd gen, maybe a little bit better. So far I have been using the apps mostly (games) which run down a battery faster than probably anything else. The 2nd gen I had, seemed to really run down fast (in an hour or hour and a half the battery would be below the halfway mark)whereas this one seems to be about a fourth of the way down or so, in the same amount of time and usage.

Even though I feel they should have worked on improving the battery life, they are being a bit more honest about the actual battery life for the 3rd gen as opposed to the previous models. Although I think they have revised the 2nd gen now to reflect the same amount of time.

Regardless, I am happier with my 64gb 3rd gen than I was with the 32gb 2nd gen. It runs smoother and abit faster. I have had no problems with the 3.1.1 software that others are reporting when they upgrade their 2nd gen. The games seem to run smoother well. Over all the 3rd gen impresses me much more than the 2nd did. I could care less about the camera issue and am glad mine doesn't have it taking up memory.

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

from iLounge review.