For Matisyahu Fans

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Telp, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I saw Matisyahu for the second time and boy was this show amazing. This show was so amazing I feel I have to share my experience. On the way into the venue, I was accosted by a man who turned out to be part of Matisyahu's elite. He started talking and asked us if we wanted to go and pray with Matisyahu. Being a huge fan, of course we said yes, and we were given back stage passess. After the show, we went backstage where we got to meet, talk, and best of all, PRAY with Matisyahu. It was simply amazing.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

So just what did you all pray for?

3. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Well Jews pray three times a day so he needed a minyan so that he could do his evening prayers, so we went backstage, we got prayer books, and yeah.

4. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

So are you also jewish or how did that go down?

5. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Yeah, me and my friends are all Jewish and were wearing our Kipahs (the head coverings) so...yeah :D.

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Well that sounds very cool. I like some of his stuff. I'm neither jewish nor understand if him being jewish is important in the music world. So what did you all pray about? Probably not about me?

7. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

I doubt the actual fact that he's Jewish matters in the music world, but the theme of his music his highly influenced by his Jewish views and values. We just did the standard set of prayers from the prayer book. :p

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Well that's very cool and fun. I'm glad you had that experience. It's always so fun to come across entertainment people and feel connected. I think I probably saw him at Bonarroo.

9. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

It's very true. And his music is really excellent. I'd reccomend giving him another listen.