For me, iOS 6 Beta 4 is the most unstable one yet...

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iBreatheApple, Aug 12, 2012.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It's just curious because on the launch of beta 1, it seemed extremely (surprisingly) stable. Now with beta 4, I have more issues than ever.

-SMS app crashes ever so often
    -When docked to my car music just stops playing and my stereo switches to the radio as if I've undocked it
    -If an alarm goes off while docked and music is playing it "freezes" the phone. Screen comes on but it doesn't let you swipe to turn off, silent with volume, or snooze. You can sleep and unsleep the phone but the alarm continues to sound, vibrate, and flash.
    -Airplay won't work sometimes. I tap the icon, tap my AppleTV, it turns orange as if it's about to start streaming, and then disappears and plays through the phone.
    -Etc., etc.

My purpose wasn't to make a full list of bugs as there is already a thread for that, just provide examples. I'm wanting to know your experiences and if it seems more unstable than earlier versions as well.

Last, I shouldn't have to feel the need to justify my thread but I know someone will say it so... <justification>I'm am fully aware that it's a beta and not a golden master, and I'm not "bitching about things not working", I just want to discuss my experiences and opinions with others in this discussion forum.</justification> :D

2. xxMACxx macrumors regular

3. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

this weekend i faced a crap load of issues i haven't had with the other three betas,
    this is why i think we are at least 2 more betas away from GM,

iv had to deal with the phone crashing and resetting it self a few times
    imessage has been a pain to deal with, wiping the message log, and re adding old messages as new

mail hasn't be getting pushed to my email,

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

The thing about that is that we are 4 weeks away from the alleged keynote. I guess stability of the OS will assist in determining a "same day launch" (pre-orders), the rumored September 21st date, or possibly even a later launch later.

Do you do anything more than make phone calls with your device?

5. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

No problems here. Got the 3GS and iPad 3, both are as stable as they have been on the other betas, give or take a little.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

If Apple wants to release more than 1 more beta / plan on it, we'll NEED to see beta 5 some time this week.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Although the keynote is slated for Sept, I would doubt anyone will see the new hardware and official software before October.

8. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Are you implying that everyone should be experiencing bugs with Beta 4? Because I'm not, and I certainly do more than just make phone calls... why would anybody buy an iPhone for that one purpose?

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

I beg to differ.

10. iBreatheApple, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

As do I.

Yes, I am.

Some bugs are due to incorrect or conflicting coding and are therefore "present" on all devices. We all use our phones so differently and different combinations of usage trigger different faults and errors. Because you are not doing things in the same "combination manner" as others doesn't mean you have a flawless build. It's just not possible.

Just one small example: Scroll to the middle of an SMS conversation and delete one of the messages. I'll bet you get thrown to the bottom of the conversation and are not able to retain your place.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong.

12. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Yes, I agree with what you are saying. Some bugs are going to be present no matter what. But some bugs are a function of the content of your personal backup- these random bugs can be fixed by restoring as new, which I'm sure you know.

Your title says it all- you point out that for *you*, Beta 4 is the most unstable. But for me, it's the most stable (though I did try the deleting message thing, and I experienced the same bug that you did). Like you point out, we all use our phones in different ways. You seemed to be knocking xxMACxx for not using his phone the same way that you do, which goes against your point. In summary, your report of several bugs and his report of no bugs are equally as valid.

I'm just nitpicking though. My apologies :p

13. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Same. Nothing to be sorry about. :):apple:

14. matty.p macrumors 6502

I think for iOS 5 the software was released two or three days before the 4S. Id expect something similar this time around.

15. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

So far it has been very stable for me.
    I usually do a clean install each beta then pull my apps back from iCloud.
    I like to try to eliminate any carry over problems that may have existed from previous versions

16. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'm not using it, but a few guys at the office are. They've mentioned a few more bugs with it, but nothing of great concern. I'm sure they'll get it sorted in time. In the overall scheme of things, Apples quite strong in this area.