For NeoOffice Fans

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Robertus, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Robertus macrumors member

Robertus

For those who are using NeoOffice but either has paid small amount of money to NeoOffice for the use of the app (in donation) or hasn't yet, this thread is for you. NeoOffice has given priority help to those who generously donated $100 or more and enabled them to use their forum to get the users' questions answered or resolved. I donated a small amount of money to NeoOffice to download and use the latest Mac OS X version but it is not enough for me to get my questions answered by NeoOffice staff, unfortunately. :(

For this thread, any question has to be related to NeoOffice's general features and functions for your usage, not bugs and software problems. That issues should be reported to NeoOffice directly if you donate $25, $100 or more generously.

Question about NeoOffice? Post it here! :D

----------

Yeah, I got a question:

For word-processing: how the heck can you turn off automatic bullet after I hit return, especially when I have the "+" in a sentence and suddenly the whole thing turn into bullet points? I have tried to turn off Bullets in Visible Buttons, but that didn't stop auto-bullet. It is annoying.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Anyone with a question about NeoOffice can search the forum for an existing thread or start a new one. There is no need to "collect" all questions in one thread. There are several threads discussing NeoOffice already, and none of them require any donation. There is also the NeoWiki, which you can search for answers.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Google has provided all the info I've required for free :)

4. Robertus thread starter macrumors member

Robertus

Thank you, but that's odd because I typed "NeoOffice" in MacRumors search field and it turned up different threads that have little or nothing to do with NeoOffice itself (threads mentioned MSOffice, LibreOffice, etc.). I figured to start a thread here specifically related to NeoOffice and its general features.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

NeoOffice - Word track changes incompatibility
    Question for NeoOffice users: What's wrong with my bullets?
    NeoOffice 3.1.2 Problems
    How do you make all Word documents to open in NeoOffice?
    NeoOffice, how to get rid of pop-up boxes?

6. Robertus thread starter macrumors member

Robertus

Yeah, but results are "dated" and if NeoOffice's version have changed and updated over the years, any answer to past NeoOffice's features may or may not apply to the current version.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't matter if they're dated. That's a sample of the questions people have asked. The point is, if someone has a question, they can search or post a new thread. You can't successfully "collect" all questions about an app into one thread. That's why we have thousands of threads in this forum, duplicating the same questions repeatedly.

8. Cubytus macrumors 65816

It's unfortunate NeoOffice can't survive without large donations, but $100 is just unaffordable. For comparison, Microsoft Office is sold for $90 to students, and just $22 to my university employees. I know it's unfair, since even the lowly full-time office clerk makes $38 000/yr, not including benefits such as all-around health, vision and dental care insurance, free tuition for their children, and a fine retirement fund. We, students, have to survive on ~$10 000/yr in the best cases.

Of course, LibreOffice is free.

Considering the amount of bugs however, it may be better to get support from the people who actually make the software.