for new 3g iphone. when to expect accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daniel.migel, May 18, 2008.

1. daniel.migel macrumors newbie

Ok, so there is a 'rumor' of a new iphone. let's just say it is announced in june and for sale the next day. historically, when has apple sent specs to companies who make accessories like cases? is it possible that they already have them and are just really good at keeping a secret? or will the not get them until the announcement and we have to wait a while after buying the new iphone? any historical precedents?

2. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

well some case companies are already claiming this and have leaked their information. After all that was how the new ipod nano form and size was leaked before its release. But I would guess that because that happened apple would be a little more cautious about it. I don't really know, but I say lets hope for a great new design, and functions, and all that good stuff about the actual phone before worrying about what case to buy. Although I will say, I bought an InvisibleShield for my camera, and kinda want to get one for the new iphone or my new ipod, whichever I decide to buy.

3. maxxscholten macrumors regular

If you check out Vaja cases: www.vajacases.com and check out phones > apple > then you have a choice of picking either iPhone or 3G iPhone.

This is sort of an example of how Apple might be sending specs to 3rd party companies.

4. londondude macrumors regular

Wow some concrete 3g evidence then.

I love my vaja case and will def get one for my future 3g phone!

5. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

Keep in mind they are just allowing you to be notified as soon as they have cases available. They may actually have no idea, but are caught up on the rumors and just have gone ahead an added that feature because they are confident a 3g phone is coming out, not necessarily how it looks.