For overseas - web ordering or wait for stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NZ007, Sep 8, 2010.

1. NZ007 macrumors newbie

I live overseas (as in not in America) and the estimated release dates I'm seeing for the new iPod Touch on most stores is either unspecified or end of September. I had originally planned to wait until it came to a 'store near me' to scoop one up, but I realized today that if it really is only coming to stores at the end of September, I will have to go the holidays without music (my classic broke). I don't want this at all, but I'm wary of buying off a website, rather than being able to walk back into the store if something goes wrong.

The other thing is that there is going to be a tax hike in my country starting October 1st. That means if shipments are late, I'll end up paying 15 percent GST rather than 12.5 now... And currently most of the stores are closed anyway because we had a big earthquake last week. The other thing is that I want a case for it, but the only option I see on the Apple website is the very very very expensive sock... I don't want to pay that much for a sock, but I don't want it damaged either.

So... what do I do? Wait until it hits stores so I can have more peace of mind and get a case for it, or buy it online so that it gets to me quicker and has no risk of higher GST??? Help!! I've been waiting for the new iPod Touch to come out for ages, but now I don't know what to do!! ><

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Buy the touch online, along with a 3rd party case, there are many good ones about, just google iPod touch case etc.

If something does go wrong, you can just go into your local apple store and they will sort it for you, that or you can send it back to apple under warranty for repair or replacement.