For owners of MBA and MBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac767, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Mac767 macrumors newbie

Is that bad the 1280 x 800 resolution?? I mean comparing with the 1440 x 900 resolution of the air, if you look at them... can you really see a difference?

Also, some people say the MBP has a slightly "darker" screen, is that true?

Thanks!

2. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can see a difference, but that does not make the mbp display bad. I heard that the mbp display has better colors than the air.

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

if you look at them... can you really see a difference?

Yes.

4. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

The text is much sharper and smaller thus you have more of the page on the screen

5. spob15 macrumors member

IF you are web surfing, reading these boards, typing a document I would say there is not a difference. At least not a noticeable one...however i do not game or really watch movies on my machines...It seems to me the speakers are louder on the air, but my wife tells me i am going deaf

6. tim100 macrumors 65816

yes you can see the difference. the air res provides a lot more text on a page.

7. Mac767 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it too much to ask if you can post one image of each? :)

This is my final item to decide which Mac to buy!

8. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

That really is incorrect.

I buy 13" MBP's for our offices and use them once in a while and I own the 11 and 13" MBA.

If you're looking at text in the MacRumors threads or surfing as mentioned above there is a huge difference.

The text on the 13" MBA appears bolder, darker, less 'pixelated' and easier to read. The 13" MBP is harder to read, it's more faint, you can see the dots that form each letter. You do not see than on the MBA screen.

Anyone else who's used them both care to chime in?

9. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

My wife had a 13" MacBook Air with the 1440x900 screen. She complained that she was squinting to read stuff so I gave her my 15" Core2Duo MacBook Pro (also 1440x900, but everything is a little larger) and got myself a high-res anti-glare quad-core MacBook Pro. We sold the MacBook Air.

Bottom line: Some people like the finer dot pitch (me), some people don't (my wife). You'll just have to look at both and decide for yourself.