For people that went to the Apple store !!!

fonz500

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Did anyone find out if the store actually has any new computers with Leopard pre-installed on them????

I thought maybe Apple might roll out with some for the launch. I would have thought for the last few months they would have kept their stock of Macs with Tiger pretty low in the store with the anticipation of this release.

fonz500

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
But doesn't this rob you of like 3-7GB of memory, rather than getting it pre-installed????

Sorry, i'm new. :confused:

Comment

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
It will do if you do a default upgrade.

You can also do an erase & install and customise what you load. If you don't bother loading the printer drivers and language files that will save you 3GB.

You can also customise which applications you load off the 2nd system DVD.

Comment

JNB

macrumors 604
But doesn't this rob you of like 3-7GB of memory, rather than getting it pre-installed????

Sorry, i'm new. :confused:

Actually, since you'd have to install yourself, you could save space, as the factory install has everything included whether you want it or not. Fonts, languages, all of it.

Even if it were preinstalled, I'd recommend re-doing it just to have the slimmest & cleanest starting point anyway.

Comment

fonz500

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Sorry. I just don't know that I would know how to do all that. I just don't want to spend $1600 on a computer then ' f ' it up b/c I didn't do the install right.....

Does nobody understand my concern??

Comment

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Sorry. I just don't know that I would know how to do all that. I just don't want to spend $1600 on a computer then ' f ' it up b/c I didn't do the install right.....

Does nobody understand my concern??
It's not that hard to do but if you are really scared, stick with the standard upgrade.

Comment

coolant113

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
New Jersey
Going to the apple store to get leopard was awesome... it was sooooo much better than waiting for it in the mail... just the feeling of being there for a major release is awesome.... They treat you pretty good there also:apple::apple:

Comment

fonz500

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I wonder if they would do it for me in the store for free if I purchase a new computer???

Would there be any difference in the new Imac if Leopard was pre-installed or not. I mean... will the new Imac be exactly the same if I install Leopard or if it comes from Apple pre-installed???

Comment

JNB

macrumors 604
I wonder if they would do it for me in the store for free if I purchase a new computer???

Would there be any difference in the new Imac if Leopard was pre-installed or not. I mean... will the new Imac be exactly the same if I install Leopard or if it comes from Apple pre-installed???

They won't do OS installs on a functioning machine. It will be exactly the same whether you install or it's preinstalled.

Comment

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Well, this ought to be interesting. I ordered a 20" iMac today at about 11 am. I wonder if I'll get Leopard pre-installed then.

Comment

montycat

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2007
Florida
Well, this ought to be interesting. I ordered a 20" iMac today at about 11 am. I wonder if I'll get Leopard pre-installed then.
I posted the link for pre-installed Leopard Macs in the Buying Tips section to see if there is an answer to your question. Montycat

Comment

ClassicMac247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2007
Brick, NJ
i kno its late but i went and was 5th in line with 150 people behind me, coolant113 was behind me 6th in line, great time met some great people, lots of fun!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.