For people that went to the Apple store !!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fonz500, Oct 26, 2007.

1. fonz500 macrumors member

Did anyone find out if the store actually has any new computers with Leopard pre-installed on them????

I thought maybe Apple might roll out with some for the launch. I would have thought for the last few months they would have kept their stock of Macs with Tiger pretty low in the store with the anticipation of this release.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

3. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

But doesn't this rob you of like 3-7GB of memory, rather than getting it pre-installed????

Sorry, i'm new. :confused:

4. dadsp33k macrumors regular

dadsp33k

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

what? you make no sense at all

you would install leopard over tige which is a bigger install but alot newer than tiger..

you arent robbed of anything

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It will do if you do a default upgrade.

You can also do an erase & install and customise what you load. If you don't bother loading the printer drivers and language files that will save you 3GB.

You can also customise which applications you load off the 2nd system DVD.

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Actually, since you'd have to install yourself, you could save space, as the factory install has everything included whether you want it or not. Fonts, languages, all of it.

Even if it were preinstalled, I'd recommend re-doing it just to have the slimmest & cleanest starting point anyway.

8. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry. I just don't know that I would know how to do all that. I just don't want to spend $1600 on a computer then ' f ' it up b/c I didn't do the install right.....

Does nobody understand my concern??

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's not that hard to do but if you are really scared, stick with the standard upgrade.

10. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

About the only way you could "f" it up would be to pull the power cord mid-install. The Apple installation routine is simple, bulletproof, and idiot-proof (trust me on the last one...).

11. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

Going to the apple store to get leopard was awesome... it was sooooo much better than waiting for it in the mail... just the feeling of being there for a major release is awesome.... They treat you pretty good there also:apple::apple:

12. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

I wonder if they would do it for me in the store for free if I purchase a new computer???

Would there be any difference in the new Imac if Leopard was pre-installed or not. I mean... will the new Imac be exactly the same if I install Leopard or if it comes from Apple pre-installed???

13. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

They won't do OS installs on a functioning machine. It will be exactly the same whether you install or it's preinstalled.

14. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Well, this ought to be interesting. I ordered a 20" iMac today at about 11 am. I wonder if I'll get Leopard pre-installed then.

15. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I posted the link for pre-installed Leopard Macs in the Buying Tips section to see if there is an answer to your question. Montycat

16. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

i kno its late but i went and was 5th in line with 150 people behind me, coolant113 was behind me 6th in line, great time met some great people, lots of fun!