For people wanting to stick with the 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Sep 19, 2017.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68020

I don't understand if you update every year say from a 6 to a 6S to a 7 why you wouldn't buy an 8 or an X? Both phones are a bigger step up than the 6S to the 7.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

3. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Because the X is more money and I'm disappointed with the 8.

4. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

1) Price Increase.
    Tim Cook raised prices on the 8 series over the 7 so you’re paying more for an extremely similar phone

2) New Lease
    New Lease means restarting payments. Maintaining old lease means that next year you actually get to keep your phone.

3) iPhone X2
    The first gen of every new phone design is always the worst. Obvious features are (intentionally) missing. Manufacturing has yet to be perfected. So you’re investing in a risk when you already own stability

4) Availability
    IPhone X is going to be a tough one to preorder. If supply isn’t going to level out until January or later then you’re only going to have 8 months until your next iPhone

I think delaying the preorders was a mistake because the longer I wait the more i realize i love my current iPhone 7Plus and the new phone is mostly gimmicks and inconvenience. I’m starting to finally feel okay with not doing an annual upgrade. :D

5. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

7 plus users also have 3 GB of ram and what will be the longest battery life offered in the current lineup

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

The 7 Plus had more value to me. Coming from a 6S I got dual cameras, more ram, waterproof, better speaker system, no safari reload, etc..

From 7 Plus to 8 Plus, IMO you get wireless charging and fast charge. Wireless charging can be had for $9 and while I like fast charge, I don't find it worth $1000.

Ultimately though I'm speaking with my wallet. If I purchased the 8 or X I'd be saying I'm happy with the products Apple released, I'm not.

7. Damon2 macrumors regular

I'm keeping my 7 I think.

But if I did go the X, I'm gonna have to keep it for 2 years just to make me justify my purchase lol

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Why start a thread simply to argue with theoretical people who may or may not have made this decision?

9. s2mike macrumors 6502a

I simply don’t want anything that’s bigger, thicker, or heavier than my iPhone 7. Period.

10. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

My 7 was free after trading in a 6.
    Give me an 8 for free and I'll happily trade in my 7.

11. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Are you reading this, OP?

12. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

For me it’s purely the ridiculous price increases Apple have introduced lately. My desire to have the new phone each year just doesn’t justify the high cost anymore. They could bring out the most monumental upgrade ever and I still wouldn’t fork out £950-1150 a year for it.
    Due to the high prices I’ll now be looking to get several years use from each phone before thinking about buying a new one. My 7 Plus does everything I need it to.

13. blaugrana69 macrumors regular

blaugrana69

Pretty much this, think I’m sticking with my 7 Plus.

14. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Because last year I could buy an iPhone 7 128GB for $749, whereas this year the iPhone 8 256GB is $849 and the iPhone X 256GB is $1,149. I need at least 128GB of storage and don't see enough there for me to justify spending $100-400 more this year to upgrade to the 8 or X anyway. I'm not knocking either new iPhone at all either as I like them both, but that's my reason for skipping a new iPhone this time around.

15. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I think someone fell down and bumped her head. Clearly not thinking straight. :p