For people who carry 2 or more iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Globug, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

Why don't you use the multiple sim card device and use 1 phone? something like this http://www.simore.com/en/

I'm actually curious and not "lecturing" or whatever. Is there an advantage of carrying multiple phones or am i missing something?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

How does that actually work? The website isn't clear.

3. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

I'm not too sure since i don't work for them or endorse the product, but i have seen several options to have multiple sims in 1 iphone. It was just an example of what i was asking.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Most people who carry two phones have one for business/work and one for personal use. Others carry two because of connectivity. Also, others might carry because they got locked into two phones.

I know some parents will get a phone for their kid and down the road the kid loses privileges. It's cheaper to keep the 2nd phone than to cancel the service.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I have a different phone for work and personal use. Something like this isn't practical for me since I want to keep all work related materials on one device and all personal materials on another. If I had to guess, more people (with two phones) fall into this category than those that don't.

6. woodynorman macrumors 6502

Thats me. 2 iphones (6 and 6 plus). one work, one personal. M-F I'm on my work phone. It gets turned off on the weekends.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Most multi sim adaptors require a reboot of the phone to trigger a sim change which negates having a personal and work phone on your person.

8. cuongnq macrumors member

9. newellj macrumors 601

That's my case.

10. x5tuu macrumors member

Me too ... plus on my personal 6+ I have my regular sim card with my current 'live' line and I also have a second line which I use for my own property business which is accessed from an app (O2 TuGo) and allows full phone and messaging usage on a separate number via the app ... so in essence I have combined my personal and own business handsets into 1

My 'normal' job has its own 5s and that's their equipment and obviously kept totally separate.

11. upbraid macrumors member

a lot of work environment still distribute blackberries for their security/email features so it is not feasible to use a dual sim device unless it is a blackberry device

12. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

One is supplied by work, which is locked down using mobile device management (4S). The 6 is my personal device.

13. bushido Suspended

bushido

my iPhone 6 uses an older plan that expires in March while I use my free 4,6GB data sim in my old iPhone 5 til the other one expires

14. takeshi74 macrumors 601

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Dual devices keeps business and personal separate.

Wouldn't address why I carry two devices. Dual SIM's won't prevent their security policy and restrictions from ending up on the device.