For people who carry 2 or more iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Globug, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2012
    Brisbane Australia
    Why don't you use the multiple sim card device and use 1 phone? something like this

I'm actually curious and not "lecturing" or whatever. Is there an advantage of carrying multiple phones or am i missing something?
  2. KPOM macrumors G5

Oct 23, 2010
    How does that actually work? The website isn't clear.
  3. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2012
    Brisbane Australia

I'm not too sure since i don't work for them or endorse the product, but i have seen several options to have multiple sims in 1 iphone. It was just an example of what i was asking.
  4. mofunk macrumors 68020

Aug 26, 2009
    Most people who carry two phones have one for business/work and one for personal use. Others carry two because of connectivity. Also, others might carry because they got locked into two phones.

I know some parents will get a phone for their kid and down the road the kid loses privileges. It's cheaper to keep the 2nd phone than to cancel the service.
  5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I have a different phone for work and personal use. Something like this isn't practical for me since I want to keep all work related materials on one device and all personal materials on another. If I had to guess, more people (with two phones) fall into this category than those that don't.
  6. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

Nov 26, 2011
    Thats me. 2 iphones (6 and 6 plus). one work, one personal. M-F I'm on my work phone. It gets turned off on the weekends.
  7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Jul 24, 2009
    Most multi sim adaptors require a reboot of the phone to trigger a sim change which negates having a personal and work phone on your person.
  8. cuongnq macrumors member

Jul 16, 2014
  9. newellj macrumors 603

Oct 15, 2014
    Boston, MA, US
    That's my case.
  10. x5tuu macrumors member

Jan 1, 2012
    Me too ... plus on my personal 6+ I have my regular sim card with my current 'live' line and I also have a second line which I use for my own property business which is accessed from an app (O2 TuGo) and allows full phone and messaging usage on a separate number via the app ... so in essence I have combined my personal and own business handsets into 1

My 'normal' job has its own 5s and that's their equipment and obviously kept totally separate.
  11. upbraid macrumors member

Apr 24, 2011
    a lot of work environment still distribute blackberries for their security/email features so it is not feasible to use a dual sim device unless it is a blackberry device
  12. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

May 28, 2006
    Manchester, UK
    One is supplied by work, which is locked down using mobile device management (4S). The 6 is my personal device.
  13. bushido Suspended

Mar 26, 2008
    my iPhone 6 uses an older plan that expires in March while I use my free 4,6GB data sim in my old iPhone 5 til the other one expires
  14. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Dual devices keeps business and personal separate.

Wouldn't address why I carry two devices. Dual SIM's won't prevent their security policy and restrictions from ending up on the device.