For people with a yellow tint iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by taedouni, May 25, 2012.

1. taedouni macrumors 65816

Jailbreak and install color profiles :)
    Used it on my 4S and now it works like a charm on my iPad 3.

2. r-sparks macrumors 6502

r-sparks

This is a good solution but as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not a great solution. It messes with the color gamut to give what appear to be accurate whites. However, you might sacrifice color accuracy elsewhere, and won't have the same expansive color range as an iPad with an actual white balance.

I used to do the trick of colour correction on my old iBook G4, which had the worst screen of any notebook I've ever owned (apart from maybe the black and white LCD screen on a notebook I had in 1995 :)).

3. zooby macrumors 6502a

I'm curious to see the result that others get when they try it. This seems like it would get rid of the slightly yellow tint that many iPads have.

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

5. GeorgieAcevedo, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Just tried it but don't know which option to use to set it to look right? Help thanks.

Edit: just messed around with all the options available. Now my iPad doesn't look yellow compared to my iPhone!!!!! Thank you so much!

----------

Read my post on top

6. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Am curious now lol. May jailbreak mine just for this. Apple really should give us the option in settings though. Would make a lot of people happy :)

7. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I agree I am debating it. Would be a nice feature and eliminate a lot of whining for apple.

8. zooby macrumors 6502a

Easy - don't use it.

9. bcam117 macrumors member

Is this constantly running or does it just change something and then not use any resources?

10. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

installed this. its awesome i like the look of my iPhone 4 i matched it to that its a cool color now instead of yellowish...
    It changes the color for good doesn't go back till you adjust it again....

11. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I believe it's not constantly running. I just got 8 hours of usage on my iPhone 4 and I have it installed.

12. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

what does getting 8 hrs of usage have anything to do with the color profiles? its always running as it changes the color of the screen...

13. bcam117 macrumors member

Would it otherwise still be running. I'm asking this because my friend with a transformer prime tried to adjust her screens colour, it was very yeollow, but the app made things laggy because it was always running 'on top' like.

Does this work the same way or does this change some like config setting and therefore not use any 'extra' resources?

14. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i have no idea how it works. you adjust the color to what you like and leave it thats it. It doesn't change back. not buggy you don't notice anything but the color difference.

15. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Works for pink tint too.

Just Jailbroke my new iPad, (easier than I thought), just to install Color Profiles. My pink tint is no more :)

Come on Apple give us this option in iOS6 pleeeeease!!!