For Pickup orders, do you have to be there exactly at check-in time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ron21, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

As the title states, can you pick it up at any point tomorrow or if you miss the check-in time, they will cancel it?

2. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I believe they hold it for a little, but I'm not sure exactly how long. In my experience, they don't let you check in more than 15 min early. I've never been late though.

3. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

People I know who were more than 5 mins late got their appointments cancelled in my area. I'd make sure to be there 15 mins early, especially because they usually run behind and there's a line and you don't know when you'll get in.

4. Ron21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interestingly, my online order status now says "Pick up: Available Nov 3" and no time specified.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

For a reservation or a paid order?

If you completed an order online and decide to pick it up, it should be available until you pick it up. No specific time for that day. And it should be held for several days because they rubberband or sticker the phone box with your info and put it into a pickups area in the back of the store aside from the walk-in stock.

6. Ron21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm talking about a pre-ordered iPhone X which is paid for (or is that a reservation?).

7. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

I had a reservation last year but with the line of folks who had earlier reservations moving slowly I didn't get in the store until about 45 min after my reservation. It wasn't an issue for me.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

If it is paid then you can pick it up anytime during launch weekend. The time slot is mostly so that everyone doesn’t show up at once. If you get there early they may make you wait at the end of the line.

9. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

That’s an order, not a reservation, which I don’t think is an option until stock is ample.

Apple would be burned to the ground if they tried to hold everyone to a specific time time, you didn’t show, and they released your phone to a walk in. I’m sure a couple of instances have occurred over the years where it has happened, but it’s not Apple practice.

Think about how many people preordered and work mornings and can’t wait in line to pick up their phones first thing Friday morning.

10. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

Apple support has confirmed to two separate users on MR that they will hold your phone for up to 21 days, at which point it will be released back into stock. But if you show up later the same day, I'm not sure you'll be able to get it. You might get sidelined until they're caught up and no one is waiting.

11. Ron21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks for that information. I'm planning to be like an hour or 2 later and would have sucked if they canceled it and put it back into stock :)

12. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

I think you should call them and ask. When the auto voice comes on say Manager and it will connect you to a store rep. Better to be safe than sorry.