For Sale: Gently used, preowned iPhone app (????)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Donny Bahama, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Donny Bahama macrumors newbie

Got my 3GS on release day. It's my first iPhone (and my first Apple product). It has exceeded my expectations - but I can't say the same for every app I've purchased.

What's the protocol in such a situation? Does the app store have a returns desk? Can I sell my used, unwanted (but PAID FOR!) apps on Craigslist? What's the deal, here?

Googling for this returns nothing useful; I can't find where this has ever been discussed. Surely people don't just buy an iPhone app, figure out that it doesn't meet their needs, then uninstall it and say, "Bummer. Ten bucks down the drain." Do they?!

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Unless there's an actual fault (like, it doesn't even work), you're out of luck. It's strictly buyer beware. Never buy an app on impulse.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Of course they do.
    That's how digital content works.
    See: iTunes.

4. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

No refunds. Watch the trigger finger next time.

5. Donny Bahama thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it. Thanks for all the input! :)

It wasn't really an issue of a quick trigger finger, per se. It was due more to the fact that it's a fairly elaborate/complicated app and the functionality wasn't fully/adequately described (in detail).

That combined with the omission of a feature that I consider so basic and essential that it never occurred to me that it wouldn't be there. Lesson learned, I guess. :eek:

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

When the App store came out last year I disabled "1 click buying" on iTunes on all my computers. It's just too easy to drop a few bucks unintentionally because of a finger spasm.

7. dougdawson macrumors member

You should contact the developer, via their Web site (always reachable from the app's page in iTunes, at least.) Every developer I know is very responsive, and they all love feedback from users, good bad or in between. You should be able to get it straightened out.

Doug

8. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Oh I still do it. I delete my email receipts without reading them. Sometimes I just don't want to know.