For SR MBP 15" owners who have CALIBRATED their displays w/ no problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by milky23, Jun 13, 2007.

1. milky23 macrumors regular

If you have a 15" Santa Rosa MacBook Pro, and have calibrated the display without any noticeable yellow tinge or otherwise adverse effects, PLEASE POST HERE!

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

3. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

I'm using your profile right now and it seems to be looking great and it does seem to get rid of the yellowish hue at the bottom of the screen! Switching back and forth from the standard it seems like this profile seems to be a bit darker... I'm gonna use it for a bit and switch back and forth and see if there's any differences before I stick with one for now. Thanks again.

Anyone else used this profile?

4. alwaysaangel macrumors regular

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

We put a small sensor to the screen and ensures that the screen is actually displaying the colour signal that is sent to it. That is the long and short of it.

6. alwaysaangel macrumors regular

oh. why?

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Because not all screens are made equal?

8. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

iWoot thank you soo much for this... after messing around with this new calibration I can definitely see a difference. Has anyone else tried this yet?

9. milky23 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, I don't mean to be rude, but this thread has been hijacked into oblivion :)

10. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Woah not bad not bad. What kind of sensor are you using iW00t? I used Pantone Huey PRO on mine and had pretty bad results. And btw what gamma is this?

11. jonnynocash macrumors newbie

Hey guys, how do I load this profile, I'm a bit confused?

12. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Go to system preferences. Display.

13. PDE macrumors 68020

With Iwoot's calibration I get terrible horizontal banding in blues when viewing the granger chart somebody posted in relation to the old discussion about 17" MBP banding. What could that be?

Other than that, it looks similar to the the default ColorLCD with a gamma setting of 2.2 instead of 1.8

14. prism macrumors 6502a

and then what???

15. tobyg macrumors 6502a

Save the profile in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Then go to System Preferences, Display, Color and pick the profile.

16. SonicRage macrumors newbie

This is a great profile on my 15-inch matte Samsung. Thanks a lot.

17. dendur macrumors newbie

This profile works great on my stock 2.2 GHz. I have it in matte and it has the LG (9C67). I placed my order on June 13, shipped on the 16th.

Haven't seen any problems with it yet

18. dark5 macrumors member

Just registered to say THANK YOU so very much for the profile! Not only does it greatly decrease the yellow tinge on my matte Samsung MBP display, it also gives better colours so movies and even the OS GUI in general look much much better! Great stuff! I'm highly recommending your profile to everybody!

19. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Hi,

This link just comes up as text for me. Am I doing something wrong?

20. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

What browser you using?

21. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Safari 2

22. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I use Firefox. It just works.

23. milky23 thread starter macrumors regular

24. tehdee macrumors member

add me to the list of those indebted for this profile.

i received my SR MBP last week, as a replacement for a 2.16 C2D MBP, which was a replacement for a 1.83 CD MBP (long story...)

ironically the same day my SR mbp arrived, my girlfriend's brand new SR MBP arrived.

i put the two side by side and was immediately disheartened; mine had the infamous yellow tint, while hers didnt. i had the LG and she had the SAMSUNG.

i was able to put the LG, the samsung, and my previous mbp side by each, and the difference from screen to screen was incredible.

however, my apple care replacement rep totally ditched on me when i told him i was having a problem with the replacement comp, and put me on the phone with a tech support agent.

i called the tech guy back and left him a voicemail direct, saying that I had taken the mbp into a repair centre and that the genius agreed the screen had a tint, as he had instructed me to do. (after an hour of troubleshooting on the phone, the best the guy could come up with was "i think you need to take it in....")

however after applying this profile, the difference is like night and day.... the sreen looks gorgeous (as it should) [though i see some pixelation in the apple icon in my address bar in safari for macrumors.com....anyone else]

SO the question is, do i quit pushing to have this one returned for a new one? or do i roll the proverbial applecare replacement dice, and risk losing an otherwise perfect machine...?