For switchers looking to buy a mac!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maccie21, May 21, 2008.

1. maccie21 macrumors newbie

So my "new" macbook pro just arrived this morning, and I've been stuck to it ever since! In my last week of waiting for it to arrive, I checked this forum religiously to kill time...and there are probably a thousand threads on this, but I just want to declare my love for APPLE!!!:apple:

First, I got my mbp refurbished but it is just like brand new, no scratches/dents, not even a speck of dirt on the cover!
    I was hesitant starting up the mac, since I've never used macs, have no idea how to, and the only other person I know who is a mac user lives 3 hours away. I mean, what if I have no idea how to use it after it starts up? But to my amazement, it literally took 20 minutes before I was all ready to go! My wireless, email, password, etc. were all set up for me. I just hand to put in some information. So basically now after about 3 hours with my mbp, I am using the Mac OS with confidence...compared to the years of figuring out PC's.

The only question is though, I bought best skin ever for my mac, but will it look bad if I have to take my mac for repair and there's a piece of skin on it? Either way, all PC users should switch, Mac rules! :apple::apple::apple:

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Welcome!!!

I bought our first Mac in March of this year [Brand new 20" Alu iMac], and I was amazed. I was so impressed I just bought a refurb MB 2.2/White about 2 weeks ago. I'm so much more productive than I was with Windoze machines.

You won't regret it, I'm sure!!!

3. jciapara macrumors regular

Congrats

Congrats! Welcome to the Bright Side!

I got my first apple like 5 years ago, and I'm still using it, so yours will last for some time too, I just bought a new iMac 3 months, but my old Powerbook still serves my purposes. Anyway I hope you enjoy it.

4. Remoth macrumors newbie

Welcome to the world of Apple, where everything just works!

I first got into apple in college. I had never used a mac before and we had to use iMacs. G5 17 inch. Now I used to make fun of macs like most PC users do, but once I actually saw them, they looked amazing. I was confused about where the rest of the computer was...lol. After about 2 weeks of college I was using macs like second nature. I hated going home to use my PC, such a POS OS and loud...

Then I got my first mac. A 20" 2.16 GHz iMac with 2 gigs of Ram and it was AMAZING. So fast, so sleek, so elegant. I loved it. I still have it, but now with 4 gigs of ram and it still kicks any windows machine of equal or even better hardware. Never had a problem at all with it.

Now I have an iPod Touch 16gb, leopard, a 2.0GHz Macbook White with 3 GB of RAm, new thin keyboard and wont stop there. oh no, as long as apple keeps making stuff this good, they are a god to me. I try to get as many people to switch as I possibly can cause it's just so much better.

 GO APPLE 