For the hi res 15'' MBP, is the UI just smaller?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ravich, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Ravich macrumors 6502a

2. celticpride678

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Not sure exactly what you are asking there. Naturally, items will appear smaller as it has a considerably higher pixel density, and if you have a window that is, say 800x600 pixels, it will be smaller on a higher resolution display of the same physical size. So if you were asking if they just made everything smaller and used the same screen, then no, that is not the case.

4. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

Best way to think about this is that the screen size is the same, there are more pixels in the same area, so each pixel is smaller. The UI still uses the same number of pixels, so naturally icons, menus, and text will all occupy a smaller area.

Hope this helps to clarify.

5. Ravich thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am just trying to understand exactly how this works in relation to apple products since I am looking around for monitors. What is most important to me is that I can fit more on my screen, not how big it is (Primary usage will be logic).

Like, the 24'' has the same resolution as the 21.5'' iMac except that the height ratio isnt the same, right? That means if you used the 2 side by side, they wouldnt line up, yes?

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Correct, even if they have the same resolution, a 24" screen will be larger than a 21.5" screen.