For the iPhone 5, do you think Apple will....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Agent-P, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

make something like a bumper for it? I don't mean for the purpose to be a fix for an antenna issue or anything like that. I'm asking because I like the bumper since it provides extra grip on the slippery iPhone 4 without being a case (which I absolutely hate on phones) which would add thickness to the phone. Plus the bumpers add a little hint of colour to the iPhones without over doing it.

Disclaimer: I know, I know, we have no idea what the iPhone 5 looks like or whether the design will be any easier to hold, etc. As a hypothetical question, IF the iPhone 5 is slippery, do you think something like the bumper would be available for it?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think that Apple will release some case or protective solution for the iPhone 5. They want to capitalize on release day sales before the other manufacturers can make cases.

This might be one of the ways that Apple recoups its R&D costs over not redesigning the phone.

3. Agent-P thread starter macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Good point. Case manufacturers aren't supposed to know the iPhone 5 design so technically Apple should get exclusive case rights at the very beginning. Her's to hoping either the iPhone 5 isn't as slippery or Apple has something similar to the bumper for it.

Btw, you're signature intrigued me, so I followed the link.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They're definitely going to make some type of case for it. Why lose out on potential (guaranteed?) profit? Plus, it's a great add-on for iPhone sales. :)

5. TechZoomOrg macrumors newbie

TechZoomOrg

1] Apple will not make the same mistake with signal again. They must have changed the way signaling works on iPhone 5 to avoid any such issues.

2] iPhone design takes place in California but manufacturing takes place in China. Not just iPhone but many other phones too.

3] This means, its easy for those case manufacturers to get access to things like that.

4] iPhone 4 had a micro-sim and let me tell you - there were many micro-sim cutters available in market, ready to dispatch at launch. :)

5] Apple can only ditch those case-manufacturers only if they come up with iPad 2 SmartCover which stands-out in design and function.

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I just hope the sim stays the same

that way i can take it out the 4 into the 5 without trying to get a new sim.

7. TechZoomOrg macrumors newbie

TechZoomOrg

Most likely, it will be a micro-sim. The world is getting nano-ed down :)

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Hope so, don't want the hassle asking vodafone for a new sim lol and im not sure wether they would be funny about it or not.

9. TechZoomOrg macrumors newbie

TechZoomOrg

hehe . . true. :)

10. AnthonyHarris macrumors regular

AnthonyHarris

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

That would be my worry too. Possible new network capabilities = different/more expensive tariffs. The networks are likely to offer faster services if the 'LTE' rumor is true and they would hate to miss out on charging us for the same data at the higher speed. Of course, they might not but phone plans as far as iPhones are concerned are usually specific to the handset.