For the iPhone developers in Florida :-)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by theagentx, May 10, 2009.

?

Are you going to attend?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2009.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. theagentx macrumors newbie

theagentx

2. gralem macrumors member

i dunno...

I don't think I can commit to go to a <show/conference/camp> without knowing when it is, where it is, or what will be presented. I don't even know where to start with this thing. I only know a couple of facts about this... they have a web page and they tweet.

They don't have a session list, they don't have a venue, and they don't have a date. Must be sponsored by 3D Realms. :)

3. theagentx thread starter macrumors newbie

theagentx

Actually I was feeling the same way for a bit and emailed the guy that is organizing it. He (Tedd Fox) told me they are very close to getting a venue set up, but is is between 2 places.

I guess the major thing is that the event is free for attendees so finding a place is hard without a surplus of $$$.

He did say that they are shooting for the weekend of July 31st (it is all weekend long).

As with any BarCamp style even, most of the sessions are driven by the attendees. Usually BarCamp events have a few keynotes, then the sttendees sign up to present to the others.

The Hackathon that all of these events host is the "main event" many people go (went to the master site iphonedevcamp.org to find out more).
    The sponsor list seems to be growing little by little so I assume they will get even more when they nail down a venue, but the mothership event (iphonedevcamp in the Silicon Valley) is having trouble finding a venue also because of the economy or something like that.