General For the jailbreakers: can you hold down the "lower" volume button and mute?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Feb 9, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I cant hold the volume down button to mute it just turns down the volume in increments. It is the same for my iPhone 5 and iPad 3rd gen. I'm wondering if this is the jailbreak itself or just a Cydia app causing this ?

2. Jakeblu macrumors regular

Yeah its the same for me, cant say I noticed it before this thread tho not a function I have used before :)

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Still works for me on my iPad mini. Doesn't on the iPhone 5, but I don't remember it working on my iPhone before. I thought it was iPad specific.

4. Tsikura macrumors member

Tsikura

Holding the lower volume button doesn't instantly mute my mini anymore. If it's the jailbreak's fault, I'm okay with that! I hated that crap. Always accidentally muted it when I just wanted to lower it a damn bit.

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

6. yegon macrumors 68020

Wonder if its Activator related? Before it was updated, pressing the v- button always silenced it. The update resolved it but I wonder if it caused it to now not mute at all. I'm okay with it, it always annoyed me. Plus, I'm not prepared to remove Activator to test it.

7. Kaiser99 macrumors member

Yep it's activator and I've seen a reply from the developer that this will not be rectified people were moaning that holding it down muted the iPad so he changed it more people moaned it was gone and he won't change it back

8. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Hmm if it means being Jailbroken or not I can live with it, kind of dumb to change the way the volume button functions though I'd prefer to have it normal.

9. Kaiser99 macrumors member

It doesn't mean Being jailbroken or not, do you have activator downloaded from Cydia? If so this is why your v- does not mute anymore if you don't have activator installed it must be some other tweak as the jailbreak has not caused it on its own

10. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I see thanks for clarifying Kaiser. I do have activator installed and I'm guessing its needed for one of these tweaks (inifinifolders,zephyr,auxo or SBSettings)?

11. Kaiser99 macrumors member

Yap I think if you dig into Cydia it will tell you which one it was installed with

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

Only goes down to one bar for me. It must be some app causing it.

13. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wow this is hilarious. I never knew that was a default action. I've been jailbroken for about 3 years straight and have only been stock because I restored for jailbreaking purposes. I always have an activator gesture programmed for short hold volume up and short hold volume down. I can honestly say I never knew that the default action for holding down the volume down button was for immediate mute haha. Well you know what they say...you learn something new every day!

14. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Did you even read the thread? It's supposedly Activator same behavior here

----------

I can't do without either app lol