For the JB folks - looking for hack

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iToNe24, Jan 19, 2012.

1. iToNe24 macrumors regular

In the excitement of the upcoming JB of the iPhone 4s, I have been looking around and getting all wanted hacks n tweaks in order for the big day. The one hack I am desperately wanting is to be able to silent the notification sound from blaring in your ear while on an active phone conversation. That absolutely drives me nuts when I am speaking on an important call and my friends decide to blow up my phone with text messages. Please tell me there is a hack out there to silent that notification until I get off the phone. I would JB just to get that tweak alone.

Is there such one?

2. The Tos macrumors 6502

I believe if you have your phone on silent, you wont receive any notification sounds when on a call. Just flip the switch to silent when that important call comes in.

3. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

i tested your theory
    i flipped the mute switch, made call on phone, then emailed myself a text message

Sprint phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon phonenumber@vtext.com
    T-Mobile phonenumber@tmomail.net
    AT&T phonenumber@txt.att.net
    AIM +1phonenumber

I did not hear a sound in my ear but the phone vibrates, which isnt as bad but still annoying if u get allot of text messages. The biggest problem is that u never know when that important call might come in.
    I guess u would have to switch the phone to vibrate while speaking on the phone, if u remember. This is an iPhone, there must be an easier way ... haha

4. redbroccoli macrumors member

I too am looking for a cydia app that can hold push notification while on the phone and send them when I hang up.
    Flicking the mute switch doesn't work for me that good because I either keep forgetting to do it in the first place or undo it after the call.
    Surely, there must be a way to do this?

5. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular