For The Last Time, You Will Not Get Your Phone Before The 24th!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by readerbreader, Jun 21, 2010.

1. readerbreader macrumors regular

Yes, I'm bitter. And i don't like stupid people.:)

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. bhimpele macrumors member

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

So you made another useless thread on a high-traffic day? :p Bravo!

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

You are going to feel very stupid yourself when Fedex screws up again as they have in the past and someone gets theirs early.

Grow up a little more and you'll learn to never say never.

6. bgribin macrumors regular

If some of these FedEx pages say deliver on the 23rd, I have little reason not to believe they will actually be delivered a day early...

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

This happens every single year. Apple asks FedEx to hold them until the 24th. It doesn't matter what your tracking says. ;)

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Lol I get that...just that

1) He has no idea, just speculating
    2) This thread serves no purpose
    3) Who cares? It will all be moot in a few days

PS: Why is he bitter? Who effing cares if some get it on the 23rd?

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Only stupid people do things like that.

10. ginsengbomb macrumors member

Here is reason: imagine Apple's reaction, and consider whether FedEx does or does not want to massively piss off a major customer of theirs by shipping product early.

Apple is hardly the only company in the world that sets a release date and expects its shippers to abide by the release date.

11. joe44126 macrumors newbie

I have a good one for you. My launch day 3gs was scheduled for delivery a day early. I checked that morning and it was on the truck. I checked again later on that day and UPS switched it to "Not schuled for delivery at the request of shipper" I didn't get it early!

12. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

First let me say that I think everyone will get their phones on the 24th despite what the tracking info says.

BUT, wouldn't it be a total 'in your face' thing if people did get them on the 23rd? I think it'd be pretty darn funny. Just sayin'...

13. XJ13sd macrumors member

I agree that they prob will not come early, but after the pre-order fiasco apple probably does not want massive activation problems on Thursday pissing off their customers even more, nor does AT&T for that matter so I think maybe, just maybe some might come on wed in order to ease activation, but prob not. Although it would be a good idea cause I have a feeling my delivered iPhone may not activate on Thursday.

14. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I nominate this for best-thread-today.

Who's calling this useless? We NEEDED this thread.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hell, it should be stickied. :)

16. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

Yeah, but Fedex has my tracking number and on my delivery date it says "June 23rd by 10:30am". Won't Fedex be OBLIGATED to now deliver that phone to me by that date? If not I think I have grounds to sue them. You guys just don't get it, Apple always releases products early by mail.......ALWAYS.

17. noobinator macrumors 601

You are wrong.

My FedEx tracking says it will be here by the 23rd at 10:30AM.

Thanks and have a good day!

18. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Judging by the OP's original post, his iPhone will not be here on the 24th, well maybe not at all! LOL:p

19. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

So on Wednesday are we gonna see a bunch of "FedEx said my iPhone 4 was going to be delivered today and it wasn't!" threads? haha

20. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

How old are you? Are you not old enough to remember the iPad introduction? If so you would have witnessed all the same date problems and would not be making a fool of yourself!:eek:

LOL you are going to SUE, that is funny! Sue for what? Sue for not making a mistake and delivering to you early? LOL:p

21. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I was assuming he was being sarcastic considering the FedEx tracking page says "Estimated Delivery". Keyword being "Estimated".

22. orange42 macrumors 6502a

23. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It's actually going to be interesting to see what happens. I would normally be 100% convinced that no one will get it early, however during the UK iPad launch I was confidently telling everyone in that thread that no one was going to get it early. It turned out that a whole bunch of people got it early. In some cases 2 days early. Now it could be that Apple figured "what the heck, it's already been released in the States, so who cares", I don't know.

After that experience, I'm at least open to the possibility that some may get it early. Time will tell.

Not in the states there wasn't. In my opinion that image which I remember seeing at the time is not proof of anything. There was no UPS box or tracking number shown. Just an iPad sitting there. It could have been taken anywhere, including at an Apple employee's house. It also could have easily been PhotoShopped.

24. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Uh, there were people who got their iPad delivered early.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/29/first-ipad-wi-fi-3g-arrives-a-day-early/

25. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I just thought it'd be funny to bump this thread right now. :D Know-it-alls are so funny.