For The Love Of God Please Stop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freeedge369, Aug 19, 2007.

1. freeedge369 macrumors member

Please, please stop making threads saying something like "Getting my new MBP tommorow :D!!!!!!"
    No one cares.
    It's a waste of time and bandwidth, not to mention it's irritating.
    Thank you for your time~

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The irony of this thread has not passed unnoticed....

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Like this thread?

4. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

If you don't like it don't read it!

On top of that, don't worry about bandwith or server issues, apparently the MR staff has it worked out.

5. freeedge369 thread starter macrumors member

Desu~

The point is that I would like to have quick access to the topics I care about, without the whole "wade through a sea of I GOT A NEW COMPUTER YAY ME! based spam.

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have to agree with you:p

7. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

these r people getting there new computers that are obviously looking forward 2 it...if u dn't like it then ignore them and shut the hell up

8. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Just scroll to the bottom, I'm sure it takes less than a second!

9. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I'm not sure how many are going to be listening considering your sig

10. aquajet macrumors 68020

Well I thought it was a legitimate complaint. :rolleyes:

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Ha, I was going to comment on that too....but I though one sarcastic remark was enough by me

:)

12. freeedge369 thread starter macrumors member

Cookies are good

The point of having that in my sig is so that if I'm in a thread about, say, performance in a game/app, If I say "I got blahblahblah fps", I don't have to type out my specs.

13. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Sarcastic comments are never enough :D

14. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

Well, I for one am glad you finally said something. We are all here to cater to your likes, after all.

15. RedBarchetta macrumors member

hey man, i personally like hearing how excited people get that they are about to receive or have just gotten one of these machines. that essentially sums up the reason you chose this computer over another one and if you just made a $2000+ purchase you have every damn right to be excited about it. besides,

as useless as you think those threads are how much more useful is it to create one that just specifically bitches about those threads. good call man.

personally, before i bought my macbook pro it was those kinds of threads that helped me decide what choice to make.

16. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

That is very true, it is the real utility behind those threads. And after all, they are fun to read.

17. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

That's a good thought -- although it would be even better if you could put it all on 2 lines instead of 6 (it's that scrolling past thing...)

And, if you make the thread title specific to the thread, then we can decide whether or not to open it. At least the "OMFG I Gots da New Shiz" posts are identifiable and ignorable.

There is also a dodge you can use for the New Posts. In your User CP, in the Edit Options, there is a field where you can enter the Forum numbers of Forums that you want to exclude from your New Posts listings. (you need to check the URL of the forums to gather their numbers).. Foe example, I tired of all the iPhone noise, so I simply added forums 104, 105, 107, 108, 109 to my Ignore list. Voila! Less chaff, more wheat.

18. freeedge369 thread starter macrumors member

That did come off slightly wrong, didn't it~
    For example:
    If someone is having a problem and I happen to be able to help, cool. If there's news about whatever topic, cool. There are any number of things that are worth posting about. You getting a new mouse is not one of them. I (and I assume other people as well) want to help people with problems, give advice, get advice, and things of that nature, not wade through a bunch of people posting identical threads about how their new computer is coming tomorrow.
    If 1/3 of your email was spam, would you prefer to just not open them, or block the sender?
    Point duly noted and point in to magic siggy editing beam~

19. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

My friend, you must accept other people's excitement that they have gotten a new Mac as the experience to them is enough to tell others about. If you really want to cut down on this "Got a new MB" thread stuff, just create a thread called "Post your new Mac Here" or something along those lines. I for one am quite pleased to see those threads as it reassures me that people still love Apple and find the experience of getting a new Mac enthralling, and where else would we advise noobs about the important things about Macs?

20. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

I personally like hearing when someone gets a new mac that has no problems or issues whatsoever. Threads on this site lead themselves to being only from users looking for help with a problem. It gives the casual viewer the idea that every Mac is riddled with problems.

I say, "BRING ON THE HAPPY CONSUMER!!!!!!!!"

:)

21. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I gotta agree with the OP. I'm gonna start posting a new thread every couple of hours named "OMG, I opened my MBP and it is AWESOME!"

22. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

please stop posting our excitement, if you dont like a thread, about ANYTHING just dont read it

23. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

That's my opinion, just read what you like and ignore what you don't, that way people can read and post what they want.

24. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

just ignore it and read the threads thats relevant to you. simple as that. no need to crap on other people's excitement and enjoyment.