For the record, those thinking about trading iPad for 11" Air...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jamesryanbell, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

...best move I've ever made. I get a TON more work on it, have full OSX to use at my disposal, am getting 6 hours of battery life (roughly) with normal "work" usage (Pages, Safari, dim setting on backlight), have a full keyboard, and it weighs less than one more pound.

In all honesty, the "less battery life" and tablet-as-opposed-to-laptop factors are pretty much out the window. This is NOT a "slam iPad" thread, but I think those that needed an iPad wouldn't even be on the fence about this. If you want to do more creation than consumption on a secondary machine, there's just no contest.

Very, very happy that I made the trade.

Just wanted to share. :)

2. BENJMNS macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

i and im sure others are very happy you find so much joy in the 11, but from my viewpoint, it's not even a comparison to begin with.

the ipad is like a scooter compared to the hatchback that is the MBA. you get full transportation functionality with the latter. the former is just... extra.

GO MBA!

3. Gav183, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011

Gav183 macrumors member

Gav183

Exactly how I feel. I bought the iPad, and loved it but it wasn't long for the novelty to wear off. I soon got over it and wanted more in a small portable device that wasn't as heavy as my MBP, so i bought the MBA11. I am soooo loving it. Haven't put it down for a long time and now everything else is secondary to it. I only use the MBP as a hub for downloading and attaching the EHDD so that I can play on the MacAir. The iPad is still used but it is very limited.

4. secksthoi macrumors member

Amen brotha'. Also made the same move, 'cept I was about to buy the ipad2 and then really gave it some thought on how much I actually used the original ipad.. well.. you know the rest of it. :p