For the time being, I'm over any plans for an IpT7

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ackmondual, May 10, 2018.

1. ackmondual macrumors 65816

ackmondual

My IpT5 running ios7 still works OK, even if I have to charge it a lot (almost on 5 years, with 3.5 of it being on the heavier side). I still haven't gotten through anything close to the backlog of games I'd like, and even if it does croak one day, I still have my iPad Air for gaming.

Everything else, I have alternatives:
    Cell phone: LG G4
    Excellent internet surfing: Chromebook
    Music player: Ipod Classic

Funny how it changed from years ago, I was anticipating the IpT6, but passed up on it since it still had the same, dinky, 4" screen :D

2. Aston441 macrumors 65816

My iPT6 is fast, smooth, and since I paid for "battery replacement," long lasting. It's my go to device at home. If they update it to iPT7, I'll be first in line, just like a was for this one, that I'm using now.

I wish there was an iPhone this thin and light. The SE is still too big.

3. g77777box092923 Suspended

The iPod Touch will never be updated. They just wanted customers to be happy that's why they did a small upgrade. I think iPod touch 7 is not going to happen and the iPod touch 6 will be stopped in July like the Shuffle And Nano. That will mean RIP iPod 20??-2018

4. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I hope for a 7 but agree it most likely will not happen.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Personally, I would very much like to see it happen, but doubt that such an update -or a new model, an iPod Touch 7 - will actually take place.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

The last upgrade was in July of 2015 so the IPT 6 is getting a little long in the tooth for sure. Still a good device but I finally tapped out and sold mine due to the poor battery life.

7. garya73 macrumors 6502

If they aren't going to release a 7, at least release a 6 with 256gb.