For those already received watch Milanese loop. Does it really become uncomfortable?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rjdoc74, May 4, 2015.

1. rjdoc74 macrumors member

I have an opportunity to get 42 mm Milanese loop AW. I keep reading here and there that ML hurts/becomes uncomfortable after a while??? Those with the watch already, can you chime in?

Thanks.

2. jjlannoo Suspended

Its not uncomfortable but it does grab hairs now and then which is unfortunate. its a very nice band. In the future I might swap it with a shark mesh style. they have a more open design and they don't pull hairs on me.

Attached Files:

3. rjdoc74 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply. Would you buy it again if you had a chance to choose another? I wonder if leather loop would be better....

4. jjlannoo Suspended

I would buy it again or the link bracelet. I think a mens watch should have a steel band imo. I like that look.

5. rjdoc74 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thank you so much. So what I am getting from you that it's not horrible. It would drive me insane if my wrist started to hurt towards the end of the day.

6. antnee macrumors regular

For the price and look its really nice and comfortable. I haven't tried any other bands but I am a watch fanatic and I like it.....a lot.

7. rjdoc74 thread starter macrumors member

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Nah. It's fine. I'm a girl and it doesn't hurt me. The first couple of days it rubbed my wrist a bit. It's fine now.

9. rjdoc74 thread starter macrumors member

10. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Asked the wife and she gives the ML a thumbs up!!! No problems at all!

11. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I love mine!! Definitely made the right choice. I don't find it to get uncomfortable, even at the end of the day (and I wear it from when I get up until I go to bed). I also haven't had a problem with it pulling hairs (and I have hairy arms). The only time I find it somewhat uncomfortable is when I'm working out. I have a problem with the HRM getting a good reading on my wrist, so have to wear it higher up on my arm. I keep it real tight so sometimes can dig in to my arm. I have a white sport band on order for when I workout.

12. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

13. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I enjoy it. No watch feels better but hey its something to get use to.

14. nic.goodman macrumors member

I think its great, its unique looking and very comfortable, I would totally buy it again.

15. JonnyLegal macrumors newbie

I've only had mine for about 4 days, so take it for what it's worth, but I still absolutely love it and find it extremely comfortable.

16. rjdoc74 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you guys. I ordered 42 mm ML today at Maxfields in LA today and will be picking up by the end of the week hopefully :)

17. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Another woman chiming in... the first day, I had the ML secured pretty tightly, and even though it was comfortable at first, after a couple of hours, it hurt. Since then, I secure it, but I'm still able to get one finger between the band and my wrist, and I can wear it comfortably like that for 18 hours straight with almost no adjustment.

18. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

This worries me because your arms aren't nearly as hairy as mine... Men (or ladies with hairy arms), can anyone comment specifically on the hair grabbing? I've retired watches before over that nonsense... Really hope this isnt an issue

19. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

As simple as it is to put on, there is a learning curve to finding that perfect fit. That just right zone of not to tight and just loose enough. I've learned how to put it on 'properly' almost every time now. Took about a 5 days to get it just right.

20. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

No comment on arm hair (I'm not very hirsute) but the Milanese loop is very comfortable for me. My wrist fluctuates during the day. With my old watch (link bracelets) I found myself either loose or tight, and had to take my watch off and put it to the side when it became uncomfortable. With the Milanese, I just slip it a bit looser and it's great.

21. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I wouldn't say discomfort, I have even used mine in some moderate excercise without if feeling too weird but I imagine that will change.

22. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Mine is great! No discomfort at all, I will say it took some getting used to for the first couple of days but it was because it felt different than my old link band

23. Fuchal macrumors 68020

24. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I got mine on the 24th and have worn it every day since. I love it! It's very comfortable, and very easy to adjust as the day goes on and my wrist swells or sweats or whatever.