For those buying an iphone at launch with the intent to protect it...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by heyp, Jul 8, 2008.

1. heyp macrumors 6502

how will you be doing so, seeing as most of the cases/films aren't available yet? I'd really like to get one at launch, but if I don't have a film to protect it with, I might just hold off... I'd hate for it to get scratched... I know this sounds anal but it usually fades over time, I just like to keep things looking nice in the beginning

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I was thinking of just leaving the phone on my desk at home and not bringing it to work at all, lol.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

4. theotherrogue macrumors regular

When they are "unbricking" it in the store, I'm going to first tell them NOT to remove the plastic film while they are in the process. I want to leave that on at least until I get home.

Hopefully, they'll have some cases in the store on launch day. All I need is something to protect it until my BodyGuardz (back and front) protective film arrives.

5. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Isn't the LCD screen the same size as the previous model?

Meaning that at least the protective films should still work.

6. theotherrogue macrumors regular

Yes, it should. I am referring to full body film - the back is going to be much more scratch prone than the glass screen.

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Actually what I'm most afraid is some clumsy AT&T employee unboxing my iphone with his sweaty palms, probably with grease from having too many egg mcmuffins a couple of minutes ago, smearing it all over my iphone, probably scratching it in the process, then god forbid, dropping the iphone just to have him pick it up, wipe it off his sweaty shirt, and say "oops. Don't worry. Looks fine still". :eek:

Of course thats a worse case scenario. But I am more worried about keeping the iphone unscathed INSIDE the store more than once I have it in my possession.

8. theotherrogue macrumors regular

Yeah, if someone actually DROPPED my iPhone in the activation process, I would definitely make them get a new one off the shelf. I don't think they could get away with that.

9. heyp thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the screen is slightly wider and maybe slightly taller... so they may fit, just not as well

10. cliffrouse11bas macrumors regular

If I decide to get one I will keep it naked just like my original iPhone. Just pray I remember to take it out of my lap before I get out of my truck.