For Those Going to Best Buy- Launch Play Book Leaked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mateen110, Jun 20, 2010.

1. mateen110 macrumors regular

So the best buy iphone 4 launch plan was leaked. What's strange is that they are taking pre-orders on launch date....

I thought this would be helpful for some who are going to best buy, maybe you can understand some of the procedure their, and what not. And if any employee is promising you an iPhone on launch date...you might want to double check with them!

What time do you plan on getting their if you purchase from best buy? A friend of mine might be going there, and if I get mine early, I might go with him just to see what is going on.

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10146

2. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

This is pretty interesting. I may just have to pre-order that day. Thursday is going to be one hectic day.

3. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Note how it says clearly "iPhone 4 will not be available on launch day"

This Play Book references that fact throughout the entirety of the book, as well. It is going to be a hectic day. I pre-ordered from Radio Shack, wonder what will happen of my pre order?

Only time will tell, I guess

4. Savor Suspended

Savor

As long as Best Buy has inventory and they have at least 11 of them in a Cerritos store, I'm happy.

The threads of BB not having them at all on launch was scaring me a bit. But yes, it is going to be hectic. I've been to a couple Black Fridays, but the last launch I attended was the one for the PS3 in 2006. I never pre-ordered and didn't get one, but it was crazy. Basically camp-outs with random people, but it was still pretty cool because I met some cool folks to talk to. The HYPE and hysteria for this phone is getting higher and higher as we get closer to launch, and by the time I drive into the parking lot, I pretty expect lines around the building. Lots of pissed and happy people all at the same time. Very stressful for ones who didn't pre-order, but want it on launch day.

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

FWIW, quite a few RadioShacks aren't getting launch-day phones either. Seems like they're inventory may have been moved to AT&T or Apple given the huge pre-sale numbers.

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

umm does this mean i wont be able to get my phone thursday from bestbuy?

7. 8mpg macrumors regular

thanks for the link... just wished it said what time they will open. I hope they open a little early.

8. Tsquare macrumors member

I seriously doubt that Apple is going to take away the phones to Best Buy. I pre ordered from there and am 15th in line for a 32GB Black. I bet they will get the same amount of iPhones now as they were going to get before. I think all of these documents are describing how to proceed from launch day on. I feel pretty comfortable about my pre order. Well, I am hopeful anyways. I will just be waiting for the call to schedule my appointment.

Truth is, no one really knows whats going to happen on launch day with the exception of its going to be crazy. One thing you can bet on, Apple corp is gonna get about 9 million dollars more in the black.

9. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

the document also clearly says that inventory will be set some time this week and no store knows what they will or will not be getting yet

10. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I'm number 3 in the pre-order line, and I will be so upset if Best Buy doesn't receive the iPhones on launch day.

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

It's going to be nerve-wracking if many of us who pre-ordered last Tuesday will NOT get any phone call from BB by Wednesday night.

Since the cell phone department in my BB store rarely picks up the phone when I call them, I may just have to go there in person on Wednesday and ask them if they will be making any calls that day to us. Without that appointment call as late as Wed night by the time they close, it is going to be nervous time. No interruptions or distractions that day and my cell phone will be on and close to me at all times.

12. vijay007 macrumors regular

I had called up a few of my local best buy stores the day before yesterday to see if they have a waiting list for iPhone 4 so that I can put my name on it. One of the stores told the exact same thing - They will not have iPhone 4 on launch day.

13. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

People seriously... They will find out this week if they are getting any or not... anything else is just them setting low expectations for customers

14. Savor Suspended

Savor

I just called the Best Buy I pre-ordered from, and I asked the lady who answered directly if they will have any in stock by launch and if they will sell it 100% on launch, and she said yes. I put more emphasis on the word guarantee when I asked a second time, and she said yes again.

This is the BB in Cerritos, CA

YMMV it seems.

I'm confident they will sell them on launch, but it could be more limited than originally planned because the demand is so high in AT&T and Apple stores.

I already put the $50 money down here, and I'll be pretty ticked off if the story changes and no iPhone 4's will be there and sold by Thursday. The lady in the BB sounded very confident when I asked twice, but we'll see...

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I can't find where it says they will not have any iPhones on launch.

16. Unoriginator macrumors newbie

There is a whole paragraph on confidentiality. lawl

17. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

18. mb2008 macrumors regular

Read the whole thing, it states the stores WILL NOT open early, but if they have a line, they can start taking pre-sales and fulfilling the previously made pre-sales.

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

20. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

Agreed, if a BB representative tells you they'll have iphones (or anything) in stock and it turns out not to be in stock, said representative would get in quite a bit of trouble. Talking to a BB employee before the stock comes in won't yield a very reliable response. You'll only know the day of whether or not the store has any.

As the saying goes, especially in the case of BB pre-orders, "Don't call us; we'll call you."

21. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I just read the entire "manual" and that statement about no iPhone 4's on launch day means they won't be "available" on launch day. Meaning, no one will be able to walk in on launch day and buy an iPhone 4. Only preorders will be fulfilled on launch day. But they also say they will take more preorders until 11am.

So there WILL be iPhone 4's on launch day for preorders (though they don't know how many until later this week).

The manual even states they can start filling preorders BEFORE the stores open. The activation center will be open at 7am EST, so they are encouraged to set up appointments before the store officially opens to fill preorders.

This is what it says on Page 11 under the heading "What should occur before store hours as early as 7 a.m. or store discretion:"

"Both activation and POS transactions can occur before store hours to fulfill pre-sales. Ideally, stores will work through all of the pre-sale appointments before the store opens to the public."

People really should READ before jumping to conclusions. It sounds like they would like to fill preorders even before normal store hours by scheduling appointments early. In that case, those of us who preordered early may be able to get the phone before the store even officially opens! Of course, this depends on how many they get and where you are in line.

22. 8mpg macrumors regular

I was told by a manager when I preordered it would probably fall upon the managers digression whether or not to open early. Being that I ordered from a Best Buy Mobile only store and there were 15 or so preorders, I doubt they will open early.

23. scootaru macrumors 6502

I believe you have the correct interpretation of that statement. I think someone who saw this document misinterpreted the statement and started the rumor that none would shipped to best buy. Further proof is on page 10 in the first paragraph under "Launch Day Plan" which states, "This launch is unique as we expect all inventory will already be accounted for by launch day due to pre-sales."

24. Gagoots macrumors regular

The statement under the JPEG refers to phones not being available to employees. The following sentence eludes to this.

25. scootaru macrumors 6502

I don't think so. All employee purchase information was under the "Employee Purchases" sub-heading. The note about the phone being available was under a new heading, titled "About the IPhone 4".