For those having car stereo problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dwburnell, Nov 2, 2010.

1. dwburnell macrumors regular

Hey All,

I know some people were having issues with their car stereos messing up when they connected their iPhone's using 4.1, myself included. I just updated my iPhone 4 to the 4.2 GM and I just wanted to let everyone know that it fixed my problem. I am guessing it will help a lot of other people as well, since my stereo is about 2 years old now.

2. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Could you explain how your stereo was messing up, and what 4.2 fixed?
    Your post was rather vague ;)

3. rk1991 macrumors regular

are you talking about the iPhone not optimized message that pops up when you connect the iPhone to the car.

4. dwburnell thread starter macrumors regular

Of course! I'm sorry I didn't explain it in the first place :rolleyes:. Basically whenever I would connect my phone through my car stereo it would play the music but cut out so nothing played. The weird thing is, it was still playing through my phone, so when my stereo picked it back up it was playing at a later point in the song. Now when I play my iPhone through my stereo, it plays everything normally. I have a pioneer AVH-P3100DVD just in case anyone was wondering.

5. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Cheers for that, I was having similar problems with my stereo and bluetooth, and my unit was dropping the connection, so ended up using a cable instead. Will update my phone and see if it sorts my problem as well :)