For those in NYC who have gone from AT&T to Sprint...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mobkon, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mobkon macrumors newbie

Hey all. So I'm pretty sick of AT&T and their data throttling. I stream a lot of sports games on my phone and after streaming 2-3 games, my phone is already at the limit and AT&T caps my UNLIMITED data.

Thinking of moving over to Sprint. I currently have an iPhone 4 with AT&T. How easy is it to switch? As easy as calling to cancel my AT&T contract (which is up this month), then heading over to a Sprint store with my current iPhone 4?

Whats the difference you've noticed in data speeds in NYC with Sprint over AT&T?

Thanks for your time!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You cannot use your current iPhone on Sprint, you have to buy a new one.

If you want to keep your number, just go to Sprint and tell them you want to transfer your number to them. Do not cancel your AT&T contract before going to Sprint if you want to keep your number.

3. jsf721 macrumors 6502

My experience is that sprints coverage in the NY Metro Area is seriously crippled and inferior to Verizon.

----------

My experience is that sprints coverage in the NY Metro Area is seriously crippled and inferior to Verizon. I wish I could get cheaper service but I need relaible service and Verizon is the best in my area. When I travel to Florida, I have trouble with Verizon so it is a regional thing.

4. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Where will you be in NYC? I have experienced good coverage and decent data speeds in Manhattan (over 1Mbps) and great speeds near the airports but subpart speeds in the Bronx.