For those of you in Worcester County Massachusetts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tilmonabbott, Nov 30, 2009.

1. tilmonabbott macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

As of tonight it seems that in Leominster(and most of central mass) 3G has finally been turned on by AT&T. If anyone has any other input into this please feel free, i just figured it'd be good to spread the word to the people on the forum who are in the same area as me. Finally after a year and a half we've got 3G!

2. Nickday89 macrumors regular

Now lets get it to Franklin County, dammit! Though, it does seem Edge has recently been faster at my house. But not getting 3G yet :(

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good to know AT&T is still expanding their 3G coverage.

4. tilmonabbott thread starter macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

Yeah its nice that they're expanding. Its nice because i work in an area that has 3G and i lived in an area that had edge, and it screwed with my phone so much that i had to get the sim card swapped out a few times because i would have to dial out to get texts or push notifications. Sometimes i wouldn't get texts and then i would call someone and i would have 6 or 7 come in at once. The funny thing...the time stamp would say the time they had sent it and not when i received it.

5. bbwinkle macrumors member

Finally! Thanks for the word. I'll spread it as well. This was my only complaint with AT&T!

6. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Thanks. I'm hoping this covers the Fitchburg Airport as well. I would assume so but you never know with these guys...

7. tilmonabbott thread starter macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

You most definitely do...I live up the Lindell Ave hill in Leominster so its guaranteed that you have it.

8. Ben C. macrumors member

Ben C.

Actually, a co-worker mentioned that she noticed it was on in Gardner on Monday and I should give it a go (office is in Fitchburg)... lo and behold... 3G! She lives right near the Fitchburg Airport and confirmed 3G at home, and actually (an perhaps unrelated) full bars where she would only have 2 before.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Seems like they're adding new cities almost every day, although they haven't updated their list since right before turkey day.
    http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=2943#news

10. brian doherty macrumors member

I go to school at Fitchburg State and was pleasantly surprised when returning from Thanksgiving break to find 3G all over campus. I went from 2-3 bars of Edge to 5 of 3G, woot. Better reception in buildings now too.

11. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Confirmed this works at the airport this weekend. When I was driving east on Rt2 it went to edge somewhere around 190 for a while and then back to 3G a exit or two later... could have been a fluke. In any case, it's nice to finally have this enabled.

12. tilmonabbott thread starter macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

I had this exact same thing. I drive between Leominster and Worcester every day for school and i get it between exit 6 and exit 5 where the cell service tends to still be at edge, which surprises me because 117 its now 3g the whole way from 495 to 190.