For those of you looking for Photostream...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by joonyaboy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. joonyaboy macrumors 6502

joonyaboy

I couldn't find my Photostream. When I restored my iPhone 6, only about 140 images came back. Not sure if that is a software limitation or glitch.

I took some photos of my dog yesterday, moved them to iPhoto on my rMBP, and deleted them off my phone.

Couldn't find them anywhere on the phone (although in usage settings it shows Photostream with data. And if you open Instagram, it allows you to choose from Photostream (it's mixed in with what's on the device).

This proves the Photostream photos are there, somewhere hiding on the phone.

I went to settings, Photos, and turned Photostream off, then turned it back on. The photos I was looking for came back. So RECENTLY ADDED is the new photo stream, it just doesn't return back the ones you had previously on iOS7.

So I think I get it. Moments for "Camera Roll" split up into categories and Recently Added for "Photostream", although it will not restore the Photostream you had from iOS7. It will be the Photostream from here on out?

Make sense? Not sure if I got it but that's what I make of it so far.

2. Siderz macrumors 6502a

I still don't get it, and I'm beginning to think PhotoStream adds to iCloud storage because all of a sudden my dad doesn't have enough storage to backup to.

3. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

4. joonyaboy thread starter macrumors 6502

joonyaboy

I checked my Apple TV and all the photos that would normally be under Photostream are now under iCloud photos. But only the last 300 or so. I'm thinking this will fill up to a 1000 and start over? Or do they stay in iCloud till deleted?