For those of you seriously considering an iPhone 6, what are you currently using?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thermal, Jan 23, 2014.

?

For those likely to upgrade to iPhone 6, what are you currently using?

1. 5s

100 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 5c

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. 5

144 vote(s)
    43.2%
  4. 4s

28 vote(s)
    8.4%
  5. 4

18 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. 3Gs

5 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Other

32 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. thermal macrumors regular

We all know the rumours re: the iPhone 6.

For those of us seriously considering this model, what are you currently using?

Myself: iPhone 4. Not fond enough of 'taller' iPhone 5/5s to upgrade yet.

2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Have a 5 used to upgrade every year but now will only move from the 5 if the 6 is a bit bigger and that much better of a phone, otherwise I am happy with my 5, need 32GB next time, so hope the new ones base starts at 32GB, 16gb is no longer enough.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Currently using a 5s (came from a 5). Really enjoying having Touch ID. Also convinced now about the benefits of using the 's' model iPhone. Having had a 4S before the 5, I see a dramatic difference in the quality of the 's' series. Of course, any major updates from the 6 may tempt me, but it will have to be something quite nice to get me to bite right away, as opposed to waiting for the 6s.

4. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

using an i5. i4 before this, 3g before that. I'll be sticking with numerical upgrades, or the 2 year plan. Whichever holds out longer. (don't think we'll see and iPhone 13, or subsidized upgrades much longer.)

The 5s wasn't spiffy enough for me, and I'm really hoping for a "genuinely" larger screen. iTouch looks cool, and I've been waiting for nfc or an equivalent since the 3g. those samsung "tech tiles" would be amazing if my phone could use them or something similar. Hell, even geotagged alert profiles would be nice. I want my phone to switch to silent when I get to work, and sync to my car when I get in. Im ****** tired of having to switch to the bluetooth and meh, its such a hassle I don't use it.

5. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Not just considering because I automatically upgrade every time a new iPhone comes out. The only exception of course is the 5C, I never really understood that one.....but I knew that I didn't want it.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I have an iPhone 5 right now and will be upgrading the iPhone 6.

7. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 5S right now. I always say I won't upgrade every year, but I am weak. LOL.

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'm using all the devices in my sig lol.....

I'll probably upgrade to the 6 - we'll see how they do the larger screen.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Does it not automatically connect if bluetooth is switched on?

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I have an iPhone 5, and 90% sure will upgrade to the 6. Every two years seems a nice balance between getting a decent upgrade and not having to shell out too much each year.

11. kingtj macrumors 68020

Let's face it ....

I've been using the iPhone since the very first version. Yeah, I dabbled with a couple of Android phones in between, but all in all, I keep going back to iOS based phones.

Right now, I've got an iPhone 5 I purchased on the T-Mobile monthly payment/no interest plan, and still have a fair number of payments to make before it's paid off.

I didn't see the point in taking a further loss to move up to a 5s, even though I do think the fingerprint sensor is handy, and the camera improvements would be "nice to have". Knowing Apple's roadmap for phones though, they generally make it worth your while to upgrade every other release. If you still had a 4s, then the 5s made sense as your upgrade. If you were on an original 4, then the 5 was a smart upgrade when it first came out. Upgrading more quickly than that usually means you're paying a premium just to say you have the latest thing.

12. Mrbobb macrumors 601

NOOOooooo!

Not really considering it since I don't know what it looks like.

That's just it. If the 6 is gonna be a fatphlet (fat chance I say) the am going to keep my 4s until eternity.

13. sixrom macrumors 6502a

Primary smartphone: Highly optimized Nexus 5, a gem of a phone.

Secondary smartphone: iPhone 5S, a placeholder till Apple creates something relevant and fresh.

14. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

Sometimes? I can't blame the phone for the inconsistency, because it could be my deck.

However, I don't leave BT on. What I was commenting on was the tech tiles, which use NFC to change settings or "profiles." If apple utilized something similar, I could put the sticker in my car dock, and when the phone goes in, it would turn on BT/sync as an automated process.

Yea, it's lazy. But as far as I'm concerned, that type of functionality is what the smartphone market is all about.

15. mattopotamus, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014

mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

It is not as expensive as people would think. I upgrade to the newest iphone every year for roughly $200.

I have t-mobile and buy my phones outright. I probably make out cheaper versus someone in a two year contract with att or verizon who "subsidized" their phone simply by paying $60 a month versus $90 with an on-contract plan.

16. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I get what you are saying about profiles, but why not just leave BT on all the time?

----------

Then I guess this thread isn't for you.

17. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

noticible (to me) battery drain I guess? I honestly dont have an answer on that one. lol. good point I guess. I don't wear yellow either, yanno? :rolleyes:

18. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Haha :)

The BT with go "off" once it is disconnected from the car. The battery shouldn't be an issue.

19. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

How can I answer this question when there are currently absolutely no facts about the iPhone 6?

I only know that is has to be insanely awesome and not a phablet to get me off my iPhone 5S.

20. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I will upgrade if they have better features than 5S. :apple:

21. Acronyc macrumors 6502

I have a 4S that I've been using for over two years. It's been a great phone. If the 6 is interesting enough I will probably upgrade.

22. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'll be upgrading to the 6 no matter what. As long as the screen isn't the rumored obnoxious 5.5". I have a 5S but paid for it outright and currently have 2 available upgrades on T-Mobile. Hopefully they do $99 down like they did with the 5S.

23. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I am currently using my first iPhone, the 5c in blue. That's my work phone though. My primary phone is the Note 3.

I'm slightly excited for the iPhone 6 simply because September is my birthday month.
    However, I have started to really like the smaller screen. Hopefully this 6 won't be only outrageous size options.
    I never use my N3 for calls...

24. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

My primary is also a N5 but how do you highly optimize pure android? It's as optimized as it can get right out of the box.

25. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i really had no desire to go from the 5 to the 5s but ended up having to switch carriers so i had to. darn! ;)