Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
My shipping estimated delivery says Monday the 22nd, but no tracking updates even though it is marked as shipped. Did you receive tracking updates? was the date listed from amazon accurate?

Wise87

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
For those of you that ordered spigen through amazon

I ordered the SGP Tough Armor and Glass.tr on Thursday and it arrived today. I used free shipping.

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Mine was neither prime nor free it was $3 for shipping that should be in by release but it says the 22 now

nickyD410

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Mine was neither prime nor free it was $3 for shipping that should be in by release but it says the 22 now

The ones that we ordered were "fufilled by amazon" so they shipped from amazon. You ordered directly form spigen hence the $3.00 shipping charge and they dont have a guaranteed delivered by date.
Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 2.14.15 PM.png

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
The ones that we ordered were "fufilled by amazon" so they shipped from amazon. You ordered directly form spigen hence the $3.00 shipping charge and they dont have a guaranteed delivered by date.
View attachment 490887

So it could possibly show up before then I'm guessing? I'm thinking about ordering another case so that I can have one for sure when it gets here and so I can have an option as to which one I use.

I really want to pick up a magpul case if they make one, they seem like they are good quality, I would have gotten one for my 4s but I never needed to, my pixelskin HD from speck worked fine.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
So it could possibly show up before then I'm guessing? I'm thinking about ordering another case so that I can have one for sure when it gets here and so I can have an option as to which one I use.
It'll probably ship by US Postal Service. How's mail from CA to your location?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
West Coast to Gulf South? Pretty long haha, if it really has shipped it may make it. It is UPS mail innovations or something like that
Most likely just good old post office. At least that's how most of my orders from Amazon Marketplace are shipped.

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Just ordered an EX and Neo Hybrid with delivery expected on 9/30. Seems like they're selling well on Amazon.

Well of course they are! The prices are great and they are really the only thing availible. I paid $3.49 for the case (neo hybrid gunmetal) and $3 for shipping. Kind of worried about the case not fitting right at that price, but it was not advertised as such and was fulfilled through amazon so if that is the case I will get a replacement.

Also, as an update to my predicament the shipping updated and it will be here on the 19th! Woohoo!

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
My shipping estimated delivery says Monday the 22nd, but no tracking updates even though it is marked as shipped. Did you receive tracking updates? was the date listed from amazon accurate?

I got the same 22nd shipping estimate on a 6+ Spigen case on Amazon. Not fulfilled by Amazon but by Spigen Inc. I ordered on Thursday and received it this morning via USPS, so faster than Prime actually. I got a feeling you'll get it sooner :0

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

Exactly right.

I learned the hard way at the launch of the 5S last year, Spigen has just about the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. No email inbox that they monitor, no phone number to call, it took almost a month to get a case that I otherwise could have had in three days had I ordered it from one of their retail partners instead.

The only way to go is to order from Amazon and look for the subtext "fulfilled by Amazon", means Amazon has stock in its warehouse and handles the customer service.

BJ

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Exactly right.

I learned the hard way at the launch of the 5S last year, Spigen has just about the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. No email inbox that they monitor, no phone number to call, it took almost a month to get a case that I otherwise could have had in three days had I ordered it from one of their retail partners instead.

The only way to go is to order from Amazon and look for the subtext "fulfilled by Amazon", means Amazon has stock in its warehouse and handles the customer service.

BJ

Nice to know! Will keep in mind for future reference. I usually do order through amazon, but for whatever reason i saw 3.49 and just jumped in and ordered quick. I hope this case works for me since I usually go with speck. If the quality is on par with what I hope expect I may order the metal bumpered version. If not or if I cant justify the cost I will just wait for a Magpul!

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Exactly right.

BJ

They have a chat feature in their website now. They were very responsive the other day when I needed to ask a question.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
They have a chat feature in their website now. They were very responsive the other day when I needed to ask a question.

I ordered from Amazon, will always do so in the future. The Spigen experience last year was that bad.

BJ

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I ordered from Amazon, will always do so in the future. The Spigen experience last year was that bad.

BJ

Fair enough. I was just pointing out the chat feature if someone has questions or whatnot. I actually ordered through Amazon too.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Ordered mine on Friday afternoon, received a USPS tracking number, should be here Wednesday at the latest.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
I've got five spigen cases already from amazon (delivered today using prime/2 day).

Couldn't decide which one I wanted so ill return the ones I don't like.

I placed the order Thursday last week, once I decided on the 4.7".

drogba

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Most of the reviews on Amazon under Spigen cases say fake reviews is it really safe to buy from them with this being the case? How reliable are they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.