For those of you using the Moshi clearguard

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DisplacedMic, Aug 24, 2013.

1. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i just got one for my 2013 11" and it's not fitting that great. it moves when i type and doesn't fit well at all. is this something that takes time to seat or are others having similar experience?

the one they sent me does say Oct 2010 release - have they changed the physical keyboard in the air since then?

2. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I dont have one, but I have used it before. It did move as I typed, so I didn't end up buying it. It may set as you use it, but I doubt it will adjust much. Maybe apply a little adhesive at the corners to help it "stick" in place?

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Why should it move? Don't every ridge fit in their respective keys exactly? if not then perhaps the 2013 keyboard is just different enough from the 2010.

I have a cheapy cover but it's specific down to my Axxx model number, fits perfectly.

UK, Australian keyboards are different BTW.

4. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

It could be that the structure of the physical keyboard has slightly changed, and even a slight change would be enough to make an otherwise perfect-fit keyboard move around.

How much did you purchase it for? There's a great UPPERCASE TPU cover on Amazon for ~$12.

5. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

Mine definitely started to fit better with time.

After about two weeks it stopped being "floppy" on the corners.