Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
When did you place the order and when did it ship?

Just trying to get an idea of how long it took and how "exaggerated" the estimated ship date was.

I just ordered mine yesterday when I found out the local Apple Store got 10 in and sold out of them before I even knew they had them in. Sucks though, since I'm going to have my Booqbag case on Tuesday and got my Radtech sleeve already and 1GB PC5300 :)

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
I called Apple this evening to change my payment to my new AmEx and they told me that my order was shipping tonight so it couldn't be changed..

Ordered 4/28/06 5:45pm PST
Built to order
Estimated Ship Date: 5/9/06
Estimated Delivery Date: 5/11/06

If it does ship tonight, I sould have it on Tuesday the 9th.

Dyuta

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2006
Fingers crossed that my ship estimate was as conservative as yours. Estimated Shipped By: May 10th, Estimated Delivered By: May 17th (boss' money, felt bad springing for 2-day).

If I'm lucky enough to get mine shipped roughly the same time as you... I might get it this coming Friday (hope, hope, hope).

I did order on 5/1, though. Hopefully, that won't hurt my ship time.

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
slick316 said:
When did you place the order and when did it ship?

Just trying to get an idea of how long it took and how "exaggerated" the estimated ship date was.

I just ordered mine yesterday when I found out the local Apple Store got 10 in and sold out of them before I even knew they had them in. Sucks though, since I'm going to have my Booqbag case on Tuesday and got my Radtech sleeve already and 1GB PC5300 :)

Got a linky for that sleeve??
I have 2GB of 667 sitting here taunting me... I want it so bad I can taste it! :)

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
For those who have had their 17' MBP's shipped. Do you know what your serial #'s are?

I' m just wondering whether Apple has started implementing their new Serial # scheme or not. It was reported last month that May would usher in a new Serial # scheme.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Transeau said:
sweet.
I just ordered a sleeve, screen protector and some cleaning spray.

Thanks

That's exactly what I ordered from them. I have a screen protector for my 15" and love it, had to get one for the 17".

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
You're stalking me is what it is, I'm on to you buddy, and if you get any closer, its going to be your....

okay, thats enought stupidity.

BTW, did you order the sweet jaguar skin sleeve/protector? :)

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I have a question about that sleeve, does it pretty much just protect the finish or does it provide a bit of padding for the notebook as well. I carry around my MBP in my back back and it desperately needs some protection. But I would prefer to have something that has at least a little bit of padding. Does this sleeve provide any such padding?

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
No, no padding on that Radtech sleeve, its basically meant to keep the unit from scratches and blemishes, not from impacts.

If you want a really nice sleeve for protecting your laptop from impacts, look at the Booqbags Vyper sleeves: http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1406

I was considering the Vyper sleeve, but the Booqbag Folee XL I got was good enough for me.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
iGary said:
They had part of the Apple Store roped off today and were setting up the new 17" MBP's

Dangerous around you.

I'm not surprised they were roped off with your peculiar field of electrical interference which seems to affect every Apple product you come into contact with. :p

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
slick316 said:
No, no padding on that Radtech sleeve, its basically meant to keep the unit from scratches and blemishes, not from impacts.

If you want a really nice sleeve for protecting your laptop from impacts, look at the Booqbags Vyper sleeves: http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1406

I was considering the Vyper sleeve, but the Booqbag Folee XL I got was good enough for me.

Thanks to you I am now $54.99 + shipping poorer (I have a 15"). Thanks for the great recommendation.

Holy crap, $9.04 shipping... they freakin raped me.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
It was like $13 for my case. Which was cheap compared to there other options, the next step up (which was FedEx ground or something) was like $35!!
Its well worth it, Booq products are top notch.

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
slick316 said:
It was like $13 for my case. Which was cheap compared to there other options, the next step up (which was FedEx ground or something) was like $35!!
Its well worth it, Booq products are top notch.

I ended up finding a coupon code pbzone05... but it was expired... so I changed it to pbzone06 and it worked... I got $5 off. It was probably 10% off. Made the shipping a bit more bearable.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Good find, I wish I knew about that when I made my order. Oh well, its a good product, didn't mind paying for it.
I should get mine on Tuesday, while I will have no MBP to put in it, I'll be able to clear up a clutter of crap on my desk right now waiting for a case to go in :)

taco2004

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2006
US
I ordered mine on April 24th. It shipped on May 5th and I should get it on May 10th. I opted for the free shipping too.

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2004
I ordered mine the day is was announced, it should be delivered tomorrow (although FedEX claims the delivery date is Wednesday)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.